• Recruitment is all about attracting more applicants in to the gene
pool performing some kind of a filtration process and selecting the
right person(s) with right qualifications and aspirations in to the
• “Recruitment is the war of talents says McKinsey & Company”
• finding the right talent will be very challenging for enterprises.
• Globalization of knowledge has increased the strength of recruitment and
internet has transformed the traditional human resource practices in to a new
• There are 3 things prepared by our HR department for a job role and the
applicants generally should match the following main 3 categories before he/she
apply for the Job.
Job Analysis (JA)
Job Description (JD)
Person Specification (PS)
• Every organisation small or big will carry out this process and every organisation
will have a recruitment policy which is to make sure the recruitment process will
be performed systematically and the recruited employees all of these should be
matched and linked with the overall organisation goal/strategy.
Purpose of recruitment
• To provide the organisation with a pool of aspirants from which to
select people to fill specific position.
• To attract an engage people it needs to achieve its overall organisational
• To Recruit right people who will fit in to organisations culture and
contribute to the organisations goals
Job Analysis (JA)
• Job analysis is the foundation for almost all HRM activities and it is linked to all
• “Is a process of gathering, assessing and recording information”
That the job description and person specification is matching and accurate
Remember focus of the job analysis is the job itself not the person doing the job.
Job analysis provides a foundation for many HR activities, including
Writing job descriptions and person profiles for recruitment and selection;
Defining job responsibilities and performance criteria for performance planning
Designing training and development programmes
• T. Downey, (HRM: Nov. 2010)
Job Analysis of Production Assistant
• Job specification of Production Assistant include job requirements:
• 1. Professional certificate or a Diploma in production is an advantage.
• 2. Good knowledge of regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
• 3. 3 to 5 years plus experience in a similar capacity is an advantage.
• 4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise with various
• 5. Able to perform stamping die adjustment and troubleshooting.
• 6. Willing to take up challenge, mature and independent character.
• 7. Able to work overtime and under pressure, good written and communication skills.
• 8. Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people
motivation, organizing and team building is required.
• 9. Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
• 10. Suitable candidates must be open to working shifts
Different ways of conducting a Job Analysis
Job Description (JD)
• As the heading says the brief detail about the job itself what need to be performed not the
• The general descriptive of around the job
whom to report
where to perform
what to perform
work hours, etc.
Job description should be simple
Job description should not overstate or exaggerate
Job description should be produced jointly and agree
• ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and
• Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in
accordance with ISO policies.
• Complies with the work rules and standards set forth in the Production Worker
• Refers to work order or procedural instructions appropriate for each job, function or
assignment before commencing work.
• Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned work sites.
• Assures that all work assigned to position is performed in accordance with
specifications, instructions and requirements.
• Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within a
reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of their job functions.
Person Specification (PS)
• PS is a statement of skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to effectively
perform a job and together with any specific qualifications, experience or
other job related attributes which a person might reasonably expected
before appointed for a position.
• Typing skill – 60 words per minute
Computer literacy – good in Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel,
Power Point, Access)
Having Clean heavy truck and forklift Driving licence will be an advantage
Designed by: Muzni
Job Applications Recruitment process (the hopper)
Recruitment process is all about widening the gene pool or attracting more
applicants in to the hopper .
The diagram below will give you a brief idea of the process which is being followed
by most of the enterprises.
It is a lot cheaper
Organisations will save
huge amount of time,
money and energy in
terms of advertising,
and induction process.
IR doesn’t bring new
knowledge, skills or
competencies in to the
opportunities for current
staffs to progress
further in their careers
Failure could de-
promote you to the
Possibility of failure
want be a big issue for
As the position
increases the amount
of negative impacts can
be higher (can take
abilities and skills are
Managers might not
back up or they fail to
identify the skills of
Fresh blood provides fresh
innovative ideas and talents
External recruitment is
expensive and takes a lot of
energy and time of the HRM
Department to handle all the
job candidates in the
Brings good knowledge’s
from the previous company
which we might not have
HR department can be
scrutinised or criticised badly
if the new recruit didn’t fit the
organization can select the
best candidate, who fulfils the
requirements and suits the
Can increase the popularity
of the organisation in the job
Being specialised in the
relevant skill could straight
away contribute to the overall
Very less harm for refusal or
rejection of the application
Most common job advertisement methods
Career pages on company websites
Subscribe in Job Portals
Southlandtimes.co.nz Job Posters/ Banners
Recruitment advertising videos
HireClix - Interactive Recruitment Marketing
Social Recruiting - Is Your Company Using the
Power That Is Social Media.mp4
Why Recruitment is so Important ?
Recruitment is vital
In order to attract and choose people who can do their job well
create good organizational citizens and to engage people in to achieve its overall organisational
It also plays significant part in building team players and shaping, maintaining and organisation of
employees to fit in to organisations culture.
How bad recruitment can affect overall performance
Poor decision at the recruitment stage and failure to have this process correctly and
accurately could cause you a lot of grief and potentially be very damaging for years to your
enterprise and will eventually affect our overall organizational goal. The average calculated
cost of this loss is 15,000 NZD.
Wrong person in your organisation may cause the
business following costs:
Administrative costs to process the candidate
Manager's time (a significant amount of time away from their normal duties)
Lost opportunities (eg incomplete projects, disruption)
Training and development
Low morale amongst existing staff
Existing staff may lose motivation
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) related costs (eg staff not being able to
cope with the demands of a particular role)
Indian Recruitment process
• Mainly from Job Agencies (Placementindia.com, Monsterjobs.com, manpowerindia.net)
• The job recruitment agencies in India involves identifying those posts, preparing the job description and person
specification, advertising, management of the response, the prequalification process, organizing meetings,
conducting interviews, making decisions, the appointment and action.
• Most recruitment agencies in India follow these stages in the recruitment process, which are essentially short list
of application, preliminary assessment, written test to judge the work efficiency of the applicant and final
interview and selection.
Chinese recruitment process
Recruitment in China is now more systematic than few decades ago
Involving diverse channels (Internet, Job agencies)
Including newspaper advertising
Visits to universities
as one of the highest populated country in the world the most common way of recruitment in China
specially in manufacturing plants and major factories are just but word of mouth or referrals by friends or
• If there's a position vacant the HR Department should identify and
design the Job Description, Job Specification and Person Specification.
• The person applying for the job and the HR department should
comply/match with these three vital concepts before hiring the right
• The employee hired should contribute to the overall organisations
goals/strategy and if the HR department failed to hire the right
person the organisation could have serious implications and could
cause possible long term big damages to organisation.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.