SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
36.5 Office 365 Features That Will Increase Your Productivity
36.5 Office 365 Features ThatWill Increase Your Productivity March 2013
1. Security Working on the cloud can be a concern for security conscious businesses. With Exchange server hosting, it continually scans for viruses and malware. Now, you can sleep safe at night in the knowledge that your email will not be compromised.
2. Cost Office 365 offers a range of packages, designed to fit around your business needs. With everything included, it won’t cost you more than £15 per user, per month (£150 per year). You’ll probably spend more than that on biscuits for the office.
3. Everything Included Included in your £15 per user, per month, you’ll get access to pretty much everything you’d want, including: Subscription to the Office Suite across 5 devices Office Web Apps Office Mobile Apps Hosted Email, Web Conferencing Public Website Spam & Malware Protection Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime.
4. The Office You Know & Love That’s right: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher and Lync are all available as web apps.
5. Compatibility Regardless of whether your employees prefer using devices running Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS X, they’ll be able to run Office 365.
6. Cleaner, standardisednavigation Say goodbye to clutter and hello to a smooth user experience. With web apps mirroring much of the desktop application’s functionality, integration is seamless.
7. Access your suite anywhere,on any device Although late to the tablet scene and with a relatively small portion of the smartphone market, Microsoft recognises the need for its products to be available and fully functioning on a number of devices. Yes, that includes iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Note, iPad, Surface Tab and many more. Optimised for touch, a number of cool navigation tools are available to tablet & smartphone users.
8. Great for small businesses Office 365 offers 5 packages to suit your personal and business needs: Home Premium Small Business Premium Pro Plus Enterprise University With up to 50 users able to be registered, small businesses can save money on unlimited packages such as Pro Plus and Enterprise and only pay for the services they need.
9. Money back guarantee As mentioned in #3, Microsoft guarantee 99.9% uptime, but if by some miracle, there is a problem with the server which causes more than 0.1% downtime over the course of the year, it’s refund time.
10. On Cloud Nine With no clunky servers taking up space in your office, you can trust Microsoft to safely store the majority of your data on the cloud.
11. Service Status dashboard Your IT manager will have access to a service status dashboard, showing them the performance of your services. If anything goes awry, they’ll be the first to know and can hopefully sort things before catastrophe strikes.
12. On & Offline Working Sync your content in SharePoint and save it to your desktop with SkyDrive Pro. With your documents just a few clicks away, you can work both on and offline. Your files will be updated soon as you have an internet connection.
13. It’s the professional choice Regardless of the device that your recipient is viewing your content, it’s guaranteed to render beautifully.
14. 24 / 7 Support, 365 days ayear It’s all in the name really, Office 365. But not confined to Office hours, highly trained support staff are on hand in community forums to answer any questions that you may have.
15. Quickly schedule meetings It’s never been easier to schedule meetings with the latest updates to Outlook. Save time asking everyone to check and amend their calendars and increase office productivity.
16. IM, Video & Demonstrations Lync offers a Google+ hangout style service, enjoy instant messaging & even give demonstrations showing your desktop.
17. “Lync” up with more thanyour colleagues Invite business contacts via email and start sealing deals with the simplicity of Lync.
18. Change your presence statuswith Lync Much like Skype, but not Skype, you can let your colleagues know whether you’re available for contact. After all, there’s little more frustrating than being interrupted every two minutes when you’re working on a project.
19. Personalise your profilephoto More than just a profile picture, your Lync display photo is the face of you, your company and all that it stands for. You can synchronise this with a variety of social networks, online or choose an image from your desktop.
20. Record a chat session on Lync A special feature of Lync is the ability to record conversations. Perfect for reviewing a meeting or taking additional notes later on.
21. Keep tabs on employees withLync Twinned with Lync, Outlook offers the ability to check the availability of colleagues and instantly connect with them with Lync integration.
22. More ways to stay in touch Aside from Lync, Outlook is a great way to communicate online, especially with the integration of social networks.
23. Create a team alias In the Outlook web app, select Home > Options > Groups. Click New under Public Groups I Own. Then under Display Name enter an alias for your team. Add new members by selecting Membership > Add > Select Members.
24. Rich Outlook functionality Mirroring the desktop version, the web application offers many of the same features, including right click access to a number of functions.
25. SharePoint: share your stuff Upload and publish content to SharePoint and easily share it with colleagues and business partners via a number of channels.
26. Stay on top of projects Utilise SharePoint, Outlook and MS Project to the max and ensure that projects are kept in line and that deadlines are met.
27. Powerful admin page allowsupport staff to manage SharePoint,Lync & Exchange users Administrators are able to configure SharePoint online in a number of ways. Giving permissions for external clients to access your account is a great feature.
28. Sophisticated sharing Save and Send navigation gives you the option to email, save to web, save to SharePoint, send by IM or (for MS Word) publish as a blog post.
29. Stay connected with teamsite Set up a new team site in minutes and collate your team email, documents, meeting notes and more.
30. Create a wiki Capture and share information in one handy place, your team site. With your whole team’s knowledge in one place, productivity is sure to improve.
31. Build aesthetically pleasingsites Whether it’s an intranet or an internet site, there’s a set of handy design tools available within team site to help you build great websites.
32. Smartphone security Putting security first with mobile devices, IT managers can create passwords and control some hardware features for added security. No need to worry when a colleague misplaces their tablet.
33. Easy to get started Designed with business in mind, you’ll find no complicated set up processes which means that your team can get to work straight away.
34. Work togethersimultaneously on Web Apps Get things done, quick smart, with multiple users able to access and simultaneously edit using web apps. Great for Excel & PowerPoint documents, where each user can clearly see where another has made changes.
35. It’s the complete package With everything included in your subscription price, you need not worry about having to download further applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox or Skype.
36.Upgrade deals Some upgrade offers are available for those that have purchased previous versions within certain time frames.
36.5. Support 365.25 days of theyear Plus, half a reason to join the Office 365 bandwagon is that its subscription runs for the calendar year, great for leap years – you’ll get an extra days’ productivity.
For the latest Microsoft Office news and discussion head over to our blog. Alternatively, if you’re looking for thebest Microsoft Office training, find us at www.microsofttraining.net March 2013