What is this session about?
What can dams do to meet both their electricity
generating outputs, and livelihoods and water
• To explore practical, evidence-based ideas for
how dams can be planned, managed and
operated in ways that can meet multiple
goals, beyond energy production alone.
• To present findings from new research.
• To consider why these ideas are useful, and
how they can be built into hydropower
planning frameworks in the Mekong.
• Introduction to session (5 min)
• Presentations (30 min)
• Group discussions (25 min)
• Reporting back/questions (25 min)
• Wrap up (5 min)