SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Creating, refreshing or overhauling your Employee Value Proposition (EVP) is no simple undertaking. It must become a living asset that informs your people agenda, policies and processes. Here is the 10-step framework for planning and implementing your own authentic EVP.
0WE BECOME YOU™Content Property of Cielo, Inc.
CRAFTING A POWERFUL
Creating, refreshing or overhauling your Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
is no simple undertaking. It must become a living asset that informs your
people agenda, policies and processes.
• EVP vs. Employer Brand: what is the difference and why does it matter?
• How to build the business case and engage internal advocates
• Your 10-step framework for EVP success
1WE BECOME YOU™
20 years’ management and consulting
expertise spanning corporate, business
process outsourcing, agency and start-ups
Andy’s clients have included:
Waste Management, GE, Unilever, Gap, Mars,
BUPA, AB InBev, Smiths Group, Primark
20 years’ brand, marketing and
communications experience, spanning
consulting, agency and in-house (including
7 years in a senior global role for EY)
Dawn’s clients have included:
Ernst & Young, Smiths Group, Primark,
Atkins Global, Watson Wyatt, National
Health Service, Menzies and British Gas.
2WE BECOME YOU™
BRAND, DIGITAL & COMMUNICATIONS
3WE BECOME YOU™
• The employer universe
• EVP vs. Employer Brand
• Market context and buzzword bingo
• 10 steps to designing your EVP
• Meaningful metrics and internal engagement
You’ll receive a copy of this deck plus our whitepaper on
designing an effective EVP after this webinar
4WE BECOME YOU™
The realities of our
5WE BECOME YOU™
SOME OF OUR CHALLENGES
• How do we ensure we are visible to the right talent?
• How do we ensure our message stands out?
• How do we achieve clarity and consistency of message?
• How do we tailor our message to our different audiences?
• How do we become a ‘destination’ employer and not just one of the
• How do we ‘keep it real’ and ensure the experience we promise
candidates matches the one we deliver for employees?
6WE BECOME YOU™
SOLUTION: THE EVP EXPRESSES OUR ESSENCE AS AN EMPLOYER –
OUR EMPLOYER BRAND AMPLIFIES OUR PRESENCE AND REACH
Your EVP is a personal promise to candidates and employees. Your employer
brand and reputation is built on the experiences you deliver to them.
• It is central to creating value for your business. An engaged workforce cares more, contributes more
and sell more than a disenchanted and demotivated workforce.
• It enables you to compete more effectively for talent. In a crowded and competitive marketplace, you,
your EVP is your ticket to differentiation.
• It informs your employer branding and attraction campaigns. Your EVP will drive the strategic and
creative thinking that enables you to stand out. It is the nucleus of your messaging.
• It reduces time and money spent on recruitment. A clear EVP helps candidates make an informed
decision about whether or not to apply for a role, which reduces time and money spent on poorly matched
applicants and reduces attrition over the long run.
• It informs your HR policies and procedures. By providing a blueprint, you are clearly communicating how
things are done in your organization, how people treat each other and how to create value for customers
• It helps keep your business honest. Stay true to your EVP and your employees will amplify your positive
messaging, reinforcing your reputation as a good employer. Let them down and the consequences can
damage not only your employer brand, but also your consumer and
BENEFITS OF AN EFFECTIVE EVP
9WE BECOME YOU™
THE OLD: “RECRUITMENT”
One size fits all approach
Undefined Employer Brand
Indirect: over-reliant on agencies
Paucity of data
And so HR were:
Reactive – Tactical
THE NEW: “TALENT ACQUISITION”
Communities & talent pools
Nuanced Employer Brand
Direct: greater capability
Active & passive candidates
Data & metrics driven
Multi-channel: inc social media
Underpinned by technology
And we then became:
Improved candidate / HM experience
Reduced cost and time to hire
Better quality of hire
Lower regretted attrition
And now we must be:
Strategic and embedded
& talent pools
One brand &
War for talent
Freedom within a
framework | Glocal
Authenticity & curating stories Active vs passive talent
11WE BECOME YOU™
A brand is not a product or a promise or a feeling
It's the sum of all the experiences you have with a company and
most crucially of all, what differentiates that company from the rest
And a career is the most sophisticated sell of them all.
12WE BECOME YOU™
10 STEPS TO
13WE BECOME YOU™
DESIGNING YOUR OFFER FOR 21ST CENTURY TALENT
14Content Property of Cielo
A great employee promise - example
With dynamic expansion
comes incredible opportunity
for talented individuals. We
offer a distinctive culture, an
open environment and a
employees thrive. We have a
entrepreneurial spirit, with a
focus on our ultimate goal –
improving the wellbeing of
patients around the world.
strong values and flexibility
to grow with us, you will be
supported to develop and
build your skillset and develop
a rewarding career.
“Money, Status & Power”
“Satisfaction, Fulfilment & Enjoyment”
“THE RIGHT DEAL”
Total reward with focus on career development, skills-gathering and
opportunity for new experiences. We invest in developing our people
to make them the best in the industry.
We are a leader in clinical quality, with a clear mission to care for our
patients, serve our physicians and improve healthcare around the
world. We are on a rapid growth journey, and ensure that everything
we do has a focus on healthcare outcomes.
Living the business’s values, with a focus on rapid growth and bringing talented staff with us on the journey to improve healthcare around the world
Location / Environment
We are dispersed workforce yet wherever you are located, you will
feel the distinctive culture in your local team. We extend this feeling
of support and family to the communities around each of our facilities.
Leadership / Vision Story
We take pride in the impact that our business is having - and will
have - on global healthcare. We are part of the one of the world’s
leading and most influential care groups. We’re proud of the value
we add to the industry and our influence on patient care. Our name
is synonymous with quality , compassion and results.
There is huge scope for variety of work– your role will evolve as we
grow as an organisation. You will be a part of something big: we are
committed to innovation in patient care and improvement in
healthcare so whatever your role, your contribution will be felt and
you can maximise your potential.
Rapid growth brings with it great opportunity. Perform well and you
will be rewarded with new responsibility and experiences which will
help you develop your own skillset as well as ours. We promote from
within our business often, celebrating the success and
entrepreneurial spirit of our own people.
Culture / People
It is a professional as much as a personal experience. Our
organisation from the top down cares about our employees, and is
committed to building a healthy and balanced workforce.
We are passionate about care, passionate about progress and
passionate about quality. If you share these qualities, you could be
part of a team of high-performing, friendly professionals who
collaborate to deliver great results. Our people are strongly values-
focused and show true belief in the organisational mission. We treat
our patients and employees with the same level of care.
15WE BECOME YOU™
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS CASE
Key questions to address:
• What are your key drivers for change?
• How do these relate to business strategy?
• How would an improved EVP impact
• What metrics will you use to measure
• What is the current baseline?
• What is the competitor and wider market
context -what does this mean for your
business now and in the future?
• Gather Data
• Assess Competitive
• Set Benchmark Metrics
• Align to Business Strategy
16WE BECOME YOU™
ENGAGE SENIOR STAKEHOLDERS
Key issue to address:
• Capture Drivers
• Refine Business Case
• Secure Commitment
in it for
17WE BECOME YOU™
IDENTIFY AND SEGMENT YOUR CORE EMPLOYEE AND
WIDER STAKEHOLDER AUDIENCES
Function, division, role and purpose,
geo-location, generational group.
Length of service, candidate/joiner/
leaver, gender/ethnicity etc.
recruiters, career advisors and
possibly union or membership bodies
• Macro and Micro
• High-Performer and
• Third-Party Influencers
18WE BECOME YOU™
ENGAGE YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR CANDIDATES.
Canvas your different audience groups:
• What is their current experience?
• How would they like things to be?
• What would they change or improve?
• Reasons for joining, staying or leaving?
• How do you compare to competitors?
• Which organizations do they admire and why?
• What qualities and attributes are needed to be successful?
• What would they say to someone who was thinking of joining
• What do they think of your public profile?
• Quantitative Surveys
19WE BECOME YOU™
SYNTHESIZE YOUR INSIGHTS
Look out for:
• Extract and analyze the core themes
• Seek consistency and nuances
• What differentiates you from the pack?
• Pain and power points
• Surgery, sticky plaster or new comms?
• What will it take for you to compete
effectively and attract, retain and
inspire the right people to create
• Analyze Core Themes
• Highlight Nuances
• Assess Competitive
• Identify Implications
20WE BECOME YOU™
BUILD YOUR EVP FRAMEWORK AND
• Use the framework
• Two options? V1: now, V2: future
• Consider red, amber, green
coding – what needs developing
and what are your power
• Capture the “deal” – what you
expect back in exchange for what
you offer. It’s a two-way street.
• Visualize and Articulate
• Highlight Pain Points and
• Define Aspirations
21WE BECOME YOU™
VALIDATE YOUR EVP FRAMEWORK
AND OUTLINE STRATEGY
• Use focus groups and workshop
sessions to test your core findings and
to begin identifying the different work
streams that will be required to make
any necessary changes going forward.
• Refresh stakeholders’ enthusiasm and
commitment by reminding them of
your business case and what is in it for
them. Keep everyone’s eyes on the
• Focus Groups
• Refresh Commitment
• Align Thinking
• Develop Strategy
22WE BECOME YOU™
DESIGN MESSAGING FRAMEWORKS
• Decide how you will communicate
your offer to your different
• Remember to apply the 70/30 rule
and 80/20 principle
• Keep language clear, simple and
• Put yourself in your audience’s
shoes and use words they will
• Avoid corporate buzzwords.
• Core Promise
• Tailored to Different Audiences
• Credible Commitment
• Clear and Simple Language
Apply the K.I.S.S Principle
23WE BECOME YOU™
DEVELOP YOUR INTERNAL AND
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
Bring your story to life…
• Compelling Content
• Clear Channel Strategies
• Communication Owners
• Ongoing Measurement
24WE BECOME YOU™
• Engage and brief leaders, managers
and work stream leaders on what is
coming and what is required of them.
• Set your dates for internal launch and
for the refresh of your external
• Involve your people in the process, so
they can be active participants in the
development journey and in making
the EVP a reality for all concerned.
• Brand Ambassadors
• Media Coverage
• Leadership Endorsement
• Joint Journey-Setting
love for your
Always on CRM and candidate experience
Alignment with corporate and consumer marketing and communications
Metric Awareness Followers, TBI, fans, subscribers, views, web traffic, SEO
Metric Engagement Web stickiness, Likes, shares, re-tweets, comments, downloads
Metric Conversion Media and website analytics, applications, interviews, hires
Metric Performance Engagement, retention, promotion, revenue benefit scores & ROI
Internal Drivers Cost | Risk | Growth