2. Steps to map your polling station:
1 Go to Electoral Commission of Ghana's Website http://ec.gov.gh (If you already
know the name, constituency and district of your polling station you can jump to step 7)
2 Select Polling Stations from the drop down menu under 2012 Aspirants
3 Select your region from the drop down menu
3. Steps to map your polling station:
4 Select your district from the drop down menu
4. Steps to map your polling station:
5 Select your constituency from the drop down menu and click on the
5. Steps to map your polling station:
6 Go through the list and identify your Polling Station. Copy the name of
your Polling Station. You will need this to map accurately in the next
6. 7 Sign in to MapMaker. Type http://mapmaker.google.com into your
browser and log in with your Google Account.
7. 8 Find your area and locate your Polling Station on MapMaker.
Map Maker's navigation tools help you visually explore the world. Zoom in to the maximum possible level while
adding or editing features to be sure that your edits are captured as accurately as possible.
Search for your constituency or district on Map Maker:
The search bar will help find any place or location that you'd like to view. Search for your constituency or district on
the map. Search results will be displayed in the left panel. Learn more about searching.
You can also use Browse the map and Advanced search to find a place of interest.
Once you have the area you are looking for displayed on the map, you can now zoom in to an appropriate level
using the Zoom Controls. Drag the slider up to zoom deeper into the map, or down to zoom out of the map.
● Drag and zoom tool: The drag and
zoom tool lets you quickly zoom into the
area you want to view. Click and drag
the cross hair to select the desired area.
● Mouse: Using the mouse wheel or
touchpad, you can scroll up to zoom in,
or scroll down to zoom out of the map.
● Double-click: Double-click the left
mouse button to zoom in, and the right
mouse button to zoom out of the map.
● Right-click menu: You can also use
the "Zoom in" or "Zoom out" options
in the right-click menu.
8. 9 Add your Polling Station as a new place.
Add a Place tool enables you to add establishments and certain types of buildings or boundaries.
● Click Add New and select Add a Place from the drop-down menu.
● Select the Satellite view and zoom in to the appropriate location and drop the marker by clicking the
map at the entrance of the place or on top of the building.
● Select a Category from the drop-down menu or start typing in the box to search for a category. In
this case most your might want to look out for the category that best fits your Polling Station. Most of
the polling stations are either; Schools, Market Places, Churches etc
● Enter name and click Continue to add more
details in the left panel.
● Click on Categories to add another category
called Polling Station in the left panel.
● Click save to finish
9. Thank you
If you mapped using this presentation,
please fill the form on the link here: