NAME George Jordanov
MOBILE 0424 327223
1991 – 1997 Master of Science
Automation, Computer Systems and Technologies
Eighteen years of commercial software development experience building quality
applications and middleware.
Rich experience of designing and building multi-tier, component based software applying
test driven development.
Specialist in using Microsoft tools and technologies through the entire software
In-depth knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
In-depth knowledge and experience in Database Design and Implementation.
Specialist in choosing the right technology at early stage.
Specialist in code maintenance procedures.
Experience providing technical consultancy.
Technical leadership and assistance.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
C# 1.0 - 5.0, .Net Framework 1.0 - 4.5, ASP.NET 1.0 - 4.5, AJAX Control Toolkit, Web
Services, Web APIs, WCF, WPF, WF
Multithreaded Server Applications, Low latency communications over different .net
networking stacks, Interoperability with Unmanaged Components and C++ code.
Database Design and implementation. SQL Server 7.0 2000 2005 2008 2012, Sybase
ASA 6, Oracle 8.
Workflow Design and implementation and Transactional Message Processing with MSMQ,
WWF and SQL Service Broker.
COM/COM+ and Windows API on Windows Server and Client operating systems.
MS VC++, Borland C++ and Assembly language.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer for Microsoft .NET (MCSD.NET)
Transcript ID: 676835
Access Code: GeorgeJordanov
November 2011 – present, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Technologies: .Net Framework 2.0 – 4.5, C#, MS Visual Studio 2010, 2013, TeamCity, SOAP,
Web API, XSLT, SAP NetWaiver, MSMQ, Windows Server 2008, 2012
• Work in the Integration Service Development team. Main responsibility is developing,
enhancing and fixing simple SOAP and Web API services with complex requirements following
the bank’s Standard Operating Procedures. These services interface SAP auto generated SOAP
and OData services, Oracle and SQL Server databases and other backend systems to present
single service layer and message formats adhering to the bank’s data standard to channel
applications. Integration services perform additional functions like caching and pumping audit
• Prototyping work on breaking down monolithic system of 400+ web services to
separately deployable components.
• Implementation of backend scheduling component communicating with third party SOAP
service that has unusual security requirements. It required SOAP 1.2 messages but WS-Security
1.0 for message signing and separate certificate for transport encryption and client
authentication. Developed WCF binding extension to satisfy these requirements. The component
is implemented as Windows service with very high reliability requirements.
• Various tasks involving touching of the base classes and handlers used by all .Net
Integration Services including integration with Oracle Coherence cache.
• Enhancement of Windows Service serving very high volume message transfer between
MSMQ and IBM MQ.
• Design and development of various internal tools including XSLT code coverage colouring
in Visual Studio.
May 2011 – October 2011, Fujitsu Australia Software Technology
Technologies: .Net Framework 4.0, C#, MS Visual Studio 2010, ASP.NET, AJAX, SQL Server
2008, Windows 2008
Software Developer / Consultant
• Rejoined the great team at FAST that I worked with during 2007 to help further
modernize and grow in features the product Telentice – Fujitsu’s scalable Digital Media
Management server platform (see Fujitsu digital media services).
• Finished upgrade of Telentice’s .Net, C++ and deployment components from VS 2005 to
VS 2010, .Net 4 and latest VC runtime.
• Completed separate web application for Fujitsu internal use.
August 2009 – May 2011, Symantec Corporation
Technologies: .Net Framework 3.5, C#, C++, MS Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET 3.5, AJAX, WCF,
SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008
Senior Software Engineer
• Working in SMP core team. That is Symantec Management Platform (former Altiris
Notification Server) on which Symantec and Symantec Partners enterprise solutions are based.
SMP is packaged configurable suite of backend servers, client agent and extensible UI (mostly
web pages). SMP has very broad range of applications. Please visit
http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/partners/media/flash/STEP/index.html for solutions
and partners and http://www.symantec.com/connect/products/altiris-notification-server for
technical details. Unpublished details are confidential.
• My responsibilities include component level design and implementation of new features
as well as investigation and fixes and performance and quality improvements.
• Designed and implemented a code library providing IIS management functionality. It is
application focussed (not universal) and the main benefit it provides is abstracting the
underlying IIS libraries. The application code works with IIS 6 (WMI), IIS 7, IIS 7.5 (managed
administration) through this library, without requiring different corresponding code paths.
• Resolved threading and synchronization issues of the platform that become performance
bottleneck under Windows Server 2008 R2.
• Designed and implemented messaging subsystem based on SQL Server Broker services
providing reliable asynchronous notifications to application components about data
modifications. It replaces table triggers and periodic pooling to the database this way reducing
the load and contention on the database server. This work includes refactoring few application
components to relax synchronisation without losing correctness to improve their concurrent
April 2009 – July 2009, Colonial First State / CBA
Technologies: .Net Framework 3.5, C#, MS Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET 3.5, AJAX, WCF, SQL
Server 2005, Windows 2008
Senior .Net Developer
• Completed few new features on the company’s investor portal -
• Worked on a new project in agile team. The project is internal Investment Accounts
Management System being developed as multi layer services with thin client (browser, AJAX,
ASP.NET) based on the latest Microsoft Technologies. My responsibilities were developing
features on various aspects throughout the layers – database, services, client and integration
with existing systems.
October 2007 – February 2009, Westpac Banking Corporation
Technologies: .Net Framework 2.0, C#, MS Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, AJAX, WinForms,
SQL Server 2005, Windows 2003
External Consultant / Developer
• Worked on XYLO project www.xylo.com.au. My initial task was to make it work and look
similar on the recent versions of all the major browsers – IE, Firefox, Netscape Safari, Opera.
This web application has strict accessibility requirements – for example the user could use it
without mouse and reader software could spell and describe the pages content and options to
blind people. Performed number of other tasks on this project developing and improving web
forms, the server logic behind them and database stored procedures. After the project
completion I have been given a task to completely rewrite the registration application for better
operation and maintainability. Done in five weeks including redesign and testing to production.
• COM+ component in C# providing business functionality to different applications
• On top on the existing UI and business components, company framework I developed
windows forms and controls for the banks new FX Trading application.
• Participated in the User Interface design and developed most of the Windows Forms UI of
the banks new Real Time FX Pricing application. Designed and developed two important
calculation modules of this application.
• Developed internal Web Service interfacing legacy Order Management and Deal Capture
• Designed and developed .net interface component to the banks Online FX web portal
http://www.westpac.com.au/About+Online+FX. OLFX is classic ASP application using COM+
components. .Net API was required to provide ability that various server components to be
changed without changes in the ASP pages and top level components. I completed the
development of this component and additional test system simulating Order Management
System which proved the correctness of the API.
May 2007 – September 2007, Fujitsu Australia Software Technology
Technologies: .Net Framework 2.0, C#, MS Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, AJAX, SQL Server
2005, Windows 2003
Software Developer / Consultant
• At FAST I joined great team working on mature full featured and scalable Digital Media
Management server platform (see fujitsu digital media services). My duties there were to
develop new user interface features together with business components and database
modifications backing them. My responsibilities included bug fixes and optimisations of complex
server code and database objects. In addition my most challenging task there was to design and
implement completely new module for approval process of media materials. By provided
functional specification I designed and developed database schema modifications, existing
components and UI pages modifications and new components and pages to fit both the
requirements and the existing code base.
July 2006 – April 2007, portfolio management system - own project
Technologies: .Net Framework 2.0/3.0, C#, C++, MS Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005,
WWF, Windows 2003, NUnit
Analyst, Planning, Design and Development
• Very computing intensive backend system. Part of it is in native C++ while most is C#
and T-SQL. Involves workflow controller, implemented recently with WWF, transactional
messaging through SQL Service Broker, windows services and neural network implementation. I
made good progress on this system but it is still far from readiness for commercial use. This
time off paid job greatly helped me to get inline with upcoming MS technologies (MS .Net
Framework 3.5, C# 3.0, LINQ, XAML, WPF, WWF, WCF) which I believe will outdate current 2.0
in the coming two to tree years.
May 2006 – June 2006. Wesley Mission
Technologies: .Net Framework 2.0, C#, ASP.NET 2.0, MS Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005,
Windows 2003, NUnit
• Reimplementation of MS Access application as web application in ASP.NET/C#. This
standalone application serves mission’s employment services at different mission sites. The main
goal is to be centralized thus improving information sharing.
• Migration of MS Access reports to MS SQL 2005 Reporting Services Reports.
• Complete redesign of its database schema to fit on higher load requirements and to
improve data consistency. Migration of all historically collected data. Data import from csv and
excel files provided by the government and other sources.
March 2005 – March 2006. Macquarie Telecom
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, Web Services, ASP.NET, MS Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server
2000, Windows 2003, NUnit
• Design and implementation of highly scalable server tracking large corporate database. A
system of triggers and configuration tables allows specific business conditions to be detected,
appropriate data to be extracted, messages formatted and distributed. So called escalation
engine is highly configurable, implements queued processing and after 3 weeks stabilizing runs
support free in production. Designed and developed by my own with C# and Transact SQL as
windows service. It supports good instrumentation and self recovery (in production).
• Reusable backend component specific to products database for data extraction and
manipulation for use in B2B communication and corporate applications. Significant part of the
new functionality built since I started is based on it (in production).
• Implemented front-end pages for corporate application (in production).
• Web Service – B2B Bridge – its requirements and interface are externally agreed and
guided thought XSD definitions (in production).
• Fast migration of significant number of complex reports written in Crystal 7 to Crystal
Reports for VS.NET. Improved front end pages and application logic to directly deliver .pdf and
Excel files to Macquarie customers for preview/print and/or download. That way the customers
were saved from using Crystal Viewers which are highly problematic (in production).
• Web control for use on product entry pages. Essentially it is supposed to render different
kinds of entry fields and layout as defined by database definition data providing validation and
handling transfer of the entered values to the server. It should achieve complete isolation from
the database, should be reusable in the context of the company’s applications to replace tenths
of thousands lines of code providing huge improvement in terms of maintenance and quality
• General support and bug fixes.
February 2005. Portfolio Business Technology Pty Ltd
(5 weeks contract)
Technologies: .Net Framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2000,
• Very fast but successful port of content management system built on classic ASP to
November 2004 – January 2005. Syple Technologies.
(3 months contract with Greythorn – client company Syple)
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET, MS Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2000,
• Design and implementation of multi treated server component bridging between third
party web gathering server (Kapow engine) and application logic components.
• Design and implementation of configurable cache & refresh server component providing
in memory storage for expensive to retrieve data items but enforcing expiration and refresh
rules through queuing and “lazy” thread.
• Participating in the system design of various parts of the application.
The project planed features were implemented during contract period.
November 2003 – October 2004. Eastisoft Inc.
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, XSLT, SQL Server 2000, Windows
• Involved in the preliminary planning for various projects – proposal phase.
• Major improvements in ApplyNet Surveys product (http://www.applynet.net/ - described
on next page).
• Development of MSI installation packages for various projects.
• Design, planning and implementation of a SCORM 2004 conformant Content Viewer (Run
Time Environment) implemented in C# as an ASP.NET application with clearly separated logical
layers. The client side does not require java applet or any other kind of installable software. All
February 2003 – October 2003. Xtrim Technology Systems (contract).
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET, VB 6, Active Reports, COM+, XML, XSLT, SQL
Server 2000, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, NUnit, VBUnit
• Led a development team in web implementation of the Q4 product suite. Completed
prototyping-demo phase. Involved in the architecture definition of this ASP.NET application.
• Involved in the development of a new “Q4 Safety” product and improvements and new
features implementation in Q4 product suite – www.engica.com.
September 2001 – February 2003. Eastisoft Inc.
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VB 6, COM+, XML, XSLT, SQL Server
2000, Windows 2000, Sharepoint Portal Server 2001, MS Exchange 2000, Active
• Modules and database design and implementation of a new version of the application
stated below. It provides service to multiple customers.
• Successful migration from VB6 to .Net of a web application called ApplyNet Surveys. It
includes process and page designers – flexible system that allows the users to define the
process of data collection and entries and to publish created forms for filling. Suitable not only
for surveys but also for complex application processes with reviewers, approvers etc. With the
team we decided to keep as much as possible of the code as is – in VB but the new features that
we have to implement we started in C#.
• Research & prototype phase of an intranet project related to documents management
and collaboration for Open Society Institute http://www.soros.org/. I had tasks on researching
how MS Sharepoint Portal Server and MS Exchange or Lotus & IBM products can suit the desired
solution. Also I determined the requirements and planned & designed custom web applications
that provide content for the portal – users & contacts management and search based on Active
Directory and .NET’s System.DirectoryServices classes (or ADSI), workflow components for the
web storage system to implement the business logic elements, integration of existing web
applications based on ASP and MS SQL, scalability planning etc. On evaluation the prototype is
working as a set of customizable web parts working with flexible library that I developed in C#
and XSLT. I also developed a C# web application (independent from Sharepoint’s Portal site),
using HttpFactory/Handler that illustrates how to use SPS & MS Search as a backend server.
November 2000 – September 2001. Brolin Co.
Technologies: .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET, VB 6, COM+, XML, XSLT, SQL Server 2000,
• I worked on the key company’s project - a real estate information system which works as
a desktop application with an Access database but which is available to around 3500 brokers
and worldwide distributed offices for the needs of the CBRE (http://www.cbre.com/). The
information had to be accessible through database servers, custom business logic components,
and secure web site, browsers and desktop clients. I was responsible for the whole system
redesign, the definition of data access and business objects (the existing solution was single
tiered) and the redesign of many parts of the existing Access database to run on SQL server and
to match the new scalability requirements. The core of the server part was planned to be a web
service so that the desktop clients work transparently with the whole database or with a subset
of the data specific to a separate site. The project was started in VS 7, C#/C++.
• Web application tracking work on client’s requests. On this project I worked alone using
ASP and XSLT, MS SQL data server. I have performed the complete design and implementation
including the database, server and client scripts.
• Mailing features of a web site. I had become involved in that project in a late phase to
make engineering design and implementation of mail templates management, dynamically
discovering of available data into database, presenting them as tags, tags processing and
generating personalized messages from templates, supporting recipient’s lists and sending
emails. As other parts of the site HTML content is generated via XSLT transformation.
January 2000 – November 2000. Object Builder Software (contract).
Technologies: Borland Delphi 5, VCL, DCOM, DOM, XML, XSL, Oracle 8, SQL Server 7, Windows
• The project I worked on was the pre-release finalization of a large Delphi project called
Protheus - third release. Protheus relates to chemical industry. Here I worked in a team and
performed implementation tasks with Delphi 5. I wrote derivates of Quick Report classes able to
serialize themselves in the database. The goal was to be used a specific document editor that
provides the user with a simple way to define and design documents visually from the
applications data. Protheus uses Oracle and MS SQL data servers as a back end. My
responsibility was to extend the existing Oracle database, to design and implement new parts of
it covering the new requirements. I suggested, designed and implemented a system of views,
functions, triggers and stored procedures ensuring supporting versions of each record in all
tables and keeping logical consistency between versions of the objects. All of this had to be
performed by keeping compatibility between already written data access & business modules
and the database and to be transparent for most of them.
Also I was responsible for intercepting and fixing bugs in most difficult cases. Additional task
that I completed on this project were designing and implementing of XML - HTML export / XML
import into the Protheus’ database of documents via DOM.
Jun 1998 – January 2000. MarkIS.
Developing and Designing Desktop Business Applications using VB 5 and 6, DCOM,
Sybase ASA 6, Windows NT 4.
August 1997 – Jun 1998. Zenith-B.
Developer and Customer Support of Desktop Business Applications.
Details of referees will be supplied upon request.