SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
a tool by which the nurse, during her visit
will enable her to perform a nursing procedure
with ease and deftness, to save time and effort,
with the end view of rendering effective nursing
care to clients.
To carry equipment and material needed during a
visit to the home, school or factory.
To carry equipment and materials that are needed
to make tests and to demonstrate care
such as dressing, eye irrigation, injections,
urine testing etc.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
1. Prevention of contamination
2. Protection of the caregiver
3. Make articles readily accessible
4. Make follow-up care
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN THE USE OF
1. The bag should contain all necessary articles,
supplies and equipment which may be used
to answer emergency needs.
2. The bag and it’s contents should be cleaned as
often as possible, supplies replaced and ready
for use at anytime.
3. The bag and it’s contents should be well
protected from contact with any article in the
home of the patients. Consider the bag and it’s
contents clean and/or sterile while any article
belonging to the patients as dirty and
4. The arrangement of the contents of the bag should
be the one most convenient to the user to facilitate
the efficiency and avoid confusion
5. Hand washing is done as frequently as the
situation calls for, helps in minimizing or avoiding
contamination of the bag and its contents.
6. The bag when used for a communicable case
should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
before keeping and re-using.
EVALUATION AND DOCUMENTATION:
1. Record all relevant findings about the client and
members of the family.
2. Take note of environmental factors which affect
the clients/family health.
3. Include quality of nurse-patient relationship.
4. Assess effectiveness of nursing care provided.
1. Select a work area To prevent
country yard or the children or do-
verandah domestic animal
getting in the
2. Spread a news- To create a clean
paper or plastics area
square on a flat
3. Make newspaper bag To discard the
4. Loosen the buttons
of the bag
5.Remove hand wash- To avoid cross
ing materials and infection
wash poured water
6. Take out necessary To do procedure
articles for the proce-
dure and place on the
clean area w/out touch-
ing the outside of the
7. Give nursing services
8. After the procedure, To avoid cross
wash the hand with infection.
soap and water.
9. Return the article to To disinfect the
the bag, use cotton articles
swab moistened with
spirit and wipe out-
side of used bottles.
All other instrument
used during the visit
must be boiled for 5mins.
Before replacing into the bag.
10. Fold the used paper bag To discard it
and keep it outside the
pocket. Close bag.
11. Give the waste paper bag To disposal
to the family members.
12. Write on what was observed
what was done, instruction
given, plan for next visit.
1. Open the bag, take the linen or plastic lining and
spread over work field. The paper lining clean side
out (folded part out).
2.Place the bag on the table or any flat surface
lined with paper lining, clean side out (folded part
touching the table). Put bag’s handles or straps
beneath the bag.
3. Take out hand towel, soap dish, and apron and
place them at one corner of the work area (within
the confines of the plastic lining).
4. Place waste bag outside of work area.
5. Ask for a basin of water if faucet is not available.
Place these outside the work area.
6. Do hand washing. Wipe, dry with towel. Leave
the plastic wrappers of the towel in soap dish in the
7. Put on right side out and wrong side with crease
touching the body, sliding the head into the neck
strap, neatly tie the straps at the back.
8. Put out the things most needed for the specific
case ( ex. Thermometer, kidney basin, cotton ball,
waste paper) and place at one corner of the work
9. Proceed to the specific nursing care or treatment.
10. After completing nursing care or treatment,
clean and alcoholize the things used.