2. Why is it needed?
- there are no local music magazines available on the market
- it can give a spotlight for younger artists who may not get a much-needed
showcase for their talent
3. Is there any competition?
- yes…. Here are three examples, BBC music, Hertfordshire life, and rolling stone
- BBC music and rolling stone focus on music across the world, and Hertfordshire
life focusses on what is happening in Hertfordshire
4. Form and genre
- the genre would be music
- it would be printed on a4 paper with around 90-110 pages per issue
- each issue would be released on the first Friday of the month
5. Who is the target audience?
-People aged 16 and over who are music fans living in Hertfordshire is the
-The secondary audience is people who live in the counties who surround
6. What will the cover look like?
-It would have a dark red mast head
-It would feature one main image with the title of the main article
-It would also feature some smaller cover lines highlighting what else will
7. What will a double page spread look
-For an interview, the first page would be an image of the interviewee in action
-The second page would feature a headline,
followed by the main text body and a
8. What resources are needed?
-A camera- to take photos to put in the magazine
-Editing software- to put the magazine together
-A computer- to operate properly
-An audio dictation device- to record interviews
9. What personnel are needed?
-A photographer- to take high quality images
-An editor- to improve the quality of the articles
-A writer- to make the articles
-A graphic designer- to make the articles look good
-A fact checker- to make sure false information isn't spread
10. What costs are there?
-Ticket costs- to get access to events (these can be reduced or
removed completely through media passes)
-Transport- to get to events if they are further away
11. How would it be marketed?
-One way it will be promoted is through social media on people's feeds through
-Local radio is another as it would get the attention of the primary audience
-Including smaller promotional copies with the main Hertfordshire life magazine
12. How would it be distributed?
-The main method of distribution would be through print , this would be sold in
shops and delivered to people's front door
-The other method is online through services like kindle, apple news, and readly
13. To conclude....
-I believe this is a strong long-term investment as there is a clear gap in the
market for a local music magazine in this area