Statement of the Problem
1. To what extent are the ff. leadership strategies practiced in
Hyatt hotel as assessed by the respondents in terms of:
1.1. individual leadership;
1.1.4. goal alignment.
1.2. team leadership;
1.2.1. trust; and
1.2.2. developing team capabilities?
2. How significant is the difference in the assessments of the
respondents as to the extent leadership strategies are practiced
in Hyatt hotel ?
3. What is the prevailing organizational culture as assessed by the respondents in terms
of the ff:
3.1. constructive culture;
3.2. passive-defensive style;
3.3. aggressive-defensive style;
3.3.3. competitive; and
4. How significant is the difference in the assessments
of the respondents as to the prevailing
organizational culture in Hyatt hotel?
5. What is the level of organizational commitment of
the employees of Hyatt hotel?
6. How significant is the relationship between
leadership strategies and employee commitment?
7. How significant is the relationship between
organizational culture and employee commitment?
Methods & Procedures
t-test and Pearson Product of Moment Correllation
1. Extent to which leadership is practiced by the
managers & supervisors in the selected hotel
1.1. Individual leadership
Communication: Both vertical and Horizontal
communication are open. Most of the time managers &
supervisors keep rank & file informed.
Capability: Managers & Supervisors have support for
individual education and training needs.
Recognition: Rank & Files are appreciated when they are
accomplishing a good task.
Goal Alignment: Managers & Supervisors helps Rank & File to
contribute and achieved in the organization.
1.2. Team leadership
Trust: Environment of trust was built through
appropriate communication systems in place and
Team capabilities: Effectively promote goal alignment by
establishing recognition systems and support.
2. Significance of difference in the assessment of
employees as to extent leadership strategies are
practiced in selected department. No significant
3. Prevailing Organizational Culture in selected hotel departments
3.1. Constructive culture
Achievement Dimension: Both can manage achievement of their goals and
has the capacity to pursue excellence.
Self- Actualizing: Employees find enjoyment in the workplace.
Humanistic-Encouraging: Employees are valued.
Affiliative: Support & concern for needs of each other are of high extent.
3.2 Passive-defensive culture
Approval: Interpersonal relationship a are positive.
Conventional: There are still departments which are dogmatic and
Dependent: selected department is submissive with the policies.
Avoidance: They don’t engage in risky situations.
3.3. Aggressive-Defensive style
Oppositional: They avoid negativity in the workplace.
Power: Authority inherent in the position is well
Competitive: Employee achievement are recognized and
Perfectionistic: Selected department are characterized by
perfection, perseverance & intolerance.
4. Significance of difference in the assessments of
respondents as to prevailing organizational culture.
No significant difference as to the prevailing culture that exist.
5. Level of Organizational commitment.
High level of Organizational commitment.
6. Significance of relationship between leadership strategies
and employee commitment.
There were significant relationship between leadership strategies
and commitment to the job.
7. Significance of relationship between organizational
culture and employee commitment.
There were significant correlations in all dimension except for
passive-defensive style , no correlations were gleaned.