BASED ON APPLICATION
BASIC OR PURE RESEARCH :
• Also called Fundamental/ Conceptual /Theoretical research
• Enhancement of knowledge
• It’s basically sake of knowledge ( knowledge enhancement)
• To gain new knowledge
• Advancement of a theory
• APPLIED RESEARCH :
• It is opposite of BASIC Research
• It’s action oriented, basically problem oriented
• It’s practical application in nature.
• Applying the concept in Marketing research
• Exploring applicability of already stablished principles
• Action Research given by Kart Lewin.
• It is basically types of applied Research.
• Solution towards a School/ University/Classroom level problem
• It’s basically done by practitioner, improvement of any situation
BASED ON OBJECTIVE
• EXPLORATORY RESEARCH
• DESCRIPTIVE RESEARCH
• CORRELATION RESEARCH
• EXPLANATORY RESEARCH
• Exploratory research is a methodology approach that
Investigate research questions that have not previously been
studied in depth.
• It’s unstructured in nature.
• It’s qualitative and primary in nature.
• It is also Interpretive Or grounded theory approach.
• Descriptive research aims to accurately and systematically
describe a population , situations or phenomenon.
• Try to describe as it as.
• CORRELATION RESEARCH
• Correlation research design Investigates relationship between
two variables or (more) Without the researcher Controlling or
manipulating any of them.
• It is non experimental type of quantitative research.
• PRE-EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH
• One shot case study
• One group pre-test post-test
• Static group
• TRU RXPRIMENTAL RESEARCH
• Pre-test -post-tests control group
• Pre-test only control group
• Solomon four group
• QUASI EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH
• Time series
. Multiple Time Series
• Qualitative method used to understand people’s Beliefs, experience,
attitude, behaviour interaction.
• Structured in nature.
• Fixed, positivism , objective, deductive, Rigid research.
• Review of literature play major role.
• Hypothesis testing vital role
• Used random probability sampling, in natural science and
• Top down approach.
• Qualitative method used to understand people’s Beliefs,
experience, attitude behaviour and interaction.
• To discover idea/natural setting.
• Flexible, post positivism, unstructured.
• Bottom up approach , Inductive in nature
• Review of Literature play minor role, used non probability
• Sample size small.