1. Submitted by Mishal Zikria
CRM PRACTICES USED IN
PAKISTAN TOURISM INDUSTRY
Bahria Business School
• The tourism industry is critical to the growth of any
economy. Pakistan is blessed with a broad range of
cultures, landscapes, and meteorological conditions.
• Pakistan was visited annually by over 500,000 people.
• CRM is a management tactic
• CRM is a tool that companies use to partner with,
acquire, and keep a specific customer base (Parvathy &
• Companies and organizations involved in travel and
tourism were among of the first developers and adopters
• The inherent benefits of recurring visits to a location,
CRM has been a significant area of study when it comes
3. Problem • Marketers and managers choose various
strategies based on their abilities and skills and
implement them without regard for whether
tourists like them or not
• Appear to be bothering or harassing tourists at
• Tourists may find it inconvenient to obtain
information and ask questions.
• Any marketer or manager can benefit from a
variety of CRM tactics
• The current study investigates what practices
are commonly used and recognized by tourists
4. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, the direc
contribution of travel and tourism to Pakistan’s GDP in 2016 wa
US$7.6 billion (PKR 793.0 billion), constituting 2.7% of the tota
GDP. By 2025, the government predicts tourism will contribute ₨1
trillion (US$6.0 billion) to the Pakistani economy.
1. Based on visitor feedback, determine what CRM practices
are often used by Pakistani marketers and hotel managers
2. To ascertain the association between CRM procedures and
the tendency to return to the same area and hotel
Questions 1. What is relationship between CRM and tourism especially
2. What CRM practices used in tourism sector of Pakistan?
3. How are these different CRM practices used to affect the
decision of person to revisit a place?
H1: Hospitality practices of hotel positively affect
H2: Customer care is positively related to revisit
H3: Customer feedback is positively related to revisit
H4: Enhancing Knowledge is positively related to revisit
H5: Customization is positively related to revisit
• Mixed method approach will be used.
• Research approach will be positivism approach.
• Cross sectional research design will be used
• Sample size will be 500 for the questionnaire
• Target audience will be travel agencies, local hotels, and
tourist from across different destination tourism places