1. Philip L. Hasel, CPA. CGMA, CIA 805-423-6215
2221 Almond Springs Dr. 4PHasel@Gmail.com
Paso Robles, CA 93446 Relocation Assistance is not required
Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Accounting Manager
A Leader, Analyst and Financial Strategist. Highly accomplished, results-driven professional with over 30 years
of experience in accounting, tax, finance and operations management from start-ups to global operations.
Analytical problem solver implementing successful financial and business reporting in customer service,
manufacturing, value added, education, technology, agriculture, retail, wholesale and distribution companies.
Solid experience in developing and implementing financial controls in growth organization and integration of new
operations, missions and values to achieve optimum performance. Strong leadership, communication and
interpersonal skills to establish rapport with all levels of staff and management, and an experienced teaching
Core Leadership Competencies & Strengths:
Accounting & Financial Management Business Planning & Budgeting Financial Analysis & Reporting
Controllership & Decision Support Growth Strategy Development Resource Management
Cross Functional Leadership Audit Management & Control Staff Training & Development
Cash Flow Forecasting Due Diligence - M&A Support Post-Acquisition Integration
Quickbooks Pro Advisor Tax Preparation & Representation Tax and Financial Consulting
Caliber Accounting and Tax, Pismo Beach, CA 2015 to 2016
Public Accounting firm specializing in tax advice and preparation for high income clients
Tax Supervisor (2015 to 2016 tax season position)
• Coordinate and oversee staff in the preparation of tax returns and tax liability projections.
• Research tax questions.
San Luis Butane Distributors, Paso Robles, CA 2010 to 2015
dba: Delta Liquid Energy, AePEX Energy - Multi-state/Multi-location LPG (Propane) Wholesale, Retail &
Distribution in Southwestern US
Controller (2010 to 2015)
Provided accounting supervision and oversight for Family Owned Business including supervision of Human
Resources and Payroll.
• Prepare multi-location financial and operations statements and 12 month forecast for each location.
• Coordinate outside bank, insurance and financial audits and prepare monthly reporting to the bank.
• Prepare state registrations, sales tax, multi-location property tax filings in six states.
• Upgrade from MAS 90 to Sage 100 ERP system and maintenance of Sage Abra Payroll system.
NewStar Fresh Foods, LLC, Salinas, CA 2009 to 2010
Produce Grower, Import, Processor, Packaging and Wholesale of own brand and store brands
Controller – (2009 to 2010)
Contract during FMLA - Oversee AP, cash management and projection, monthly close and miscellaneous other
• Adjust personnel and duties to more efficiently manage cash flow.
• Simplify monthly financial reporting, review fixed asset accounting and prepare necessary journal entries.
KnowConflict, LLC, Scottsdale, AZ 1999 to 2009
Start-up - Online Conflict Resolution Education Developer
Partner – CFO (1999 to 2009)
Directed all operational and financial operations of start-up online education developer. Oversaw
discontinuation of operations.
• Perform all accounting functions, risk management, contract review and credit evaluations.
• Prepare financial reporting, planning, budgeting and payroll including all general ledger entries.
• Provide statistical analysis of student testing results and report results to participating schools.
2. Philip L. Hasel, CPA. CGMA, CIA
2221 Almond Springs Dr. 805-423-6215
Paso Robles, CA 93446 4PHasel@Gmail.com
Information Network Corp, Division of AmeriChoice, Corp Phoenix, AZ 1998 to 1999
Provider of Medical Billing System for Medicaid in North Eastern states.
Controller – (1998 to 1999)
Contract position following acquisition of supplier (INC) just prior to bankruptcy making preparation for
relocation of operation to Pennsylvania
• Review previous financial records and internal controls.
• Reorganize financial reporting to allow department reporting to for better internal control and budgeting.
• Supervised AP and managed cash flow while preparing monthly financial results.
InteSys Technologies, Inc., Gilbert, AZ 1986 to 1998
High-tech tool & die, plastic molder/manufacturer & assembler – Supplier to Motorola Cellular, Nokia, GM, etc.
Vice President-Finance/Treasurer/Secretary (CFO) (1986 to 1998)
Managed all financial operations of a mid-size international manufacturing firm with rapid growth averaging 24%
per year during a 5 year period. Directed and coordinated Finance/Treasury reporting, planning and budgeting,
job and standard costing, inventory management, risk management, credit, accounting and payroll. Directed
teams in due diligence M&A review. Coordinated all matters with outside auditors, CPAs, IRS, other
governmental agency (DOL, Sales & Use Tax, Personal and Real Property Tax), insurance and internal audits.
Represented Company before tax authorities for audits, unemployment hearing and collection matters.
• Started, with equity partners, preparations for IPO until Textron purchased company early in the IPO
• Developed finance and reporting system for multi-department, multi-location, international operation
including analysis of historical results versus original budget, current projections and current operational
results and analysis of effect on balance sheet. The system became the primary tool in management review
of departmental and company operations as well as reporting to bankers and private equity fund investor.
• Developed safety program for 1400 employees in manufacturing environment, plagued with high incident
and low dollar worker’s compensation claims. Implemented greater safety responsibility of supervisors,
cross review of accidents, improved coordination with worker’s comp carrier and self-funding of “first aid”
claims. Reduced experience modifier to .52 saving $1 million/year in insurance costs.
• Implemented operational and financial software programs including Oracle, custom packages and
personnel systems (i.e. Kronos Timekeeping, ADP, and Ceridian HR and other payroll systems).
• Initiated, directed and oversaw benefit programs for over 2000 employees including medical, dental, vision,
Section 125, SERP, 401(k), short term and long term disability, travel, group and individual life insurance.
• Developed turn-around plan with sales and operational personnel including identifying key jobs and
customers, correct employee mix and sale of excess equipment and facilities. Implemented cost reduction
and operational improvement program resulting in facility transformation from losing $200,000–400,000 per
month to profitability within 9 months with a 25% reduction in revenue.
• Initiated operations in Mexico, participated in setting up joint venture in Brazil and acquiring operation in
Ireland and acquiring supplier/vendors with operations in Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Texas and California.
Talley Industries, Inc., Phoenix, Arizona Senior Internal Auditor
Evans Steel and Manufacturing Co., Gilbert, Arizona Assistant to the Controller
KPMG (Peat Marwick), LLP, Phoenix, Arizona Senior Accountant
Bachelor of Arts – Accounting, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Certified Public Accountant (State of California #93366)
Charted Global Management Accountant (110029810) Certified Internal Accountant
3. Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Mediator (Maricopa County Small Claims Courts)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants California Society of Certified Public Accountants