This workshop takes the developer through a hands-on 'day in the life of' experience of interacting with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on CenturyLink Cloud:
- Target My Pivotal Cloud Foundry Provider - walkthrough of CenturyLink registration, download of CF CLI, target/login into PCF instance
- Walk Through the AppsManager – high level description of layout and functionality of dev console.
- Push My App - push the PCF-demo application, high-level talk through of app push/stage/deploy
- Bind My App to Backing Services - bind PCF Demo to a RabbitMQ service, high-level talk through of service creation/binding, explanation of VCAP_SERVICES and Spring Cloud Connectors for service binding
- Scale My App - scale up, scale down, high-level talk through of dynamic routing
- Monitor My App’s Logs - tail app logs, high-level discussion of loggregator
- Monitor My App’s Health - hit the “kill switch” in PCF-demo, watch the events in the logs, show cf events, watch the app restart, high-level talk through of health manager