Day / Date Time Venue
Science Quiz Bee
13- 16 March
Science Class Schedule Classroom
Science Quiz Bee
to be announced
Science Quiz Bee
Science Quiz Bee: The competition consists of 3 rounds.
• Elimination Round – 3 participants with the highest score per class will
compete in the semi-finals per level.
Note: P1 9 Participants P4 9 Participants
P2 6 Participants P5 9 Participants
P3 6 Participants P6 6 Participants
• Semi-Final Round – 3 participants with the highest score per level will
compete in the finals.
• Final Round – The winner/s will directly be determined based on the
result of this round.
Note: 1st place 2nd place and 3rd place
1. All Reginian learners are entitled to participate in the different competitions.
2. In cases where there are unavoidable circumstances during the competition, the
committee controls whether a rule needs to be changed or not. When the
participants make mistakes when performing, the committee does not provide a
restart of the competition. All participants are expected to abide by the rules, show
respect, and conduct sportsmanship throughout the competition. Disqualification of
any participant who refuses to follow the rules will be under the discretion of the
3. A certificate of participation will be given to those who qualify in the semi and final
rounds while the winner/s per competition will receive a trophy or a medal and a
4. SPECIFIC RULES: A list of specific rules per competition will be discussed and
handled by each subject teacher before the elimination round.
SPECIFIC RULES – Science Quiz Bee
1. The elimination round will be held during the science period of every class.
2. During the semi final and final rounds, students will answer using show me board which
will be provided by the committee.
3. The topics given are from TERM 1, 2, and 3. We will NOT give out the specific topics to
be reviewed by the participants. They may search the topics on the internet for additional
4. Participants are not allowed to:
a. Talk with their fellow contestants while the quiz bee is on going.
b. Make unnecessary gestures/movements that may considered as giving hint or clue to
c. Receive any help from anyone.
d. Any violation of the requirements above will result in disqualification.
There will be a total of 10 (ten) questions during the elimination round. Each question corresponds to a
specific point value based on its difficulty. Please refer to the guide below:
a) 3 easy questions – 2 points each
b) 3 intermediate questions – 3 points each
c) 4 difficult questions – 5 points each
Total = 35 points
▪ Each question has only 4 possible answers: A, B, C, and D in the easy round and in the intermediate
round, and a short answer in the difficult round.
▪ Each participant must write down the right correct answer based on the question given. The
correct spelling of the answer is a must. The participant is not allowed to ask for any explanations
from the teacher.
▪ Participants are NOT allowed to ask for another repetition nor seek help from others.
▪ The participants will be given 15 seconds to answer each question. Once the time is up, late papers
will not be accepted.
There will be a total of 7 (seven) questions during this round. Each question corresponds to a specific
point value based on its difficulty. Please refer to the guide below:
a) 2 easy questions – 2 points each
b) 2 intermediate questions – 5 points each
c) 3 difficult questions – 7 points each
d) Total = 35 points
▪ The same rules will apply in the semi-final round. BUT, this time, the participants will write their
answers on a show-me board provided by the committee.
▪ Each participant is given 15 seconds to write their answers and once they hear the bell, they
MUST stop writing and raise their hands up.
▪ The host will then ask the participants to show their answers.
▪ This will continue until the competition is over. The tallying of points will be done by the
committee and the final qualifiers will directly be determined based on the results.
SEMI-FINAL and FINAL ROUNDS