1. DEFINITION OF A BIG DREAM
● A big dream is a substantial wish or an aspiration for
something, of which when we attain it; we believe it
would fulfill or satisfy an inner longing or desire.
● A big dream is a bold vision of the future.
2. THE DREAMING PROCESS
● Knowing what your big dream is, why and when to
achieve it, is a powerful driving force.
● You can have more than one big dream; however
pursue one big dream at a time.
3. HOW BIG IS YOUR VISION?
● Have a compelling reason to get out of bed every
● Ask yourself - Are your dreams big enough?
4. THE JOURNEY TO A DREAM
● Start off with a big vision then break it down into bite-
● Do one small thing every day aimed at achieving your
● It takes hard work and patience to accomplish your
● There will be challenges and adversities along the
6. WRITE YOUR BIG DREAM
● The act of writing down your big dream signifies a
commitment to yourself.
● Be specific regarding what your dream is and why you
want to achieve it.
7. SETTING GOALS
● Develop smaller goals which all feed into your big
● Set a deadline for achieving the overall dream and
mini-deadlines for goals.
8. ILLUSTRATING YOUR VISION
● Develop a visual portfolio of what your definition of
success looks like.
● Regularly look at images that illustrate the outcome
of your big dream.
9. LIFE CYCLE OF A BIG DREAM
● Begin with a big vision then break it down into small
● Anticipate risks and challenges. Track performance.
Make corrections along the way.
10. ACTION PLAN
● Strategize and develop a plan for how you will
achieve your dream.
● Celebrate each time you reach a milestone and keep
11. NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL
● Big dreams rarely have an instruction manual; you
figure it out as you go.
● Work towards your dream and resolve challenges as
you encounter them.
12. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTION
● Without action, big dreams are simply dreams.
● Get started, break away from fear and start acting on
13. ASK QUESTIONS
● Ask lots of questions about different things in life.
Why are things the way they are?
● Listen to input and insights from others.
14. POWER OF INCREMENTALISM
● Start small, small actions taken add up over time.
● Taking small steps leads to momentum.
15. WHY BIG DREAMS DIE
● Dream killers include fear, giving up, poor planning,
fatigue and poor execution.
● Other dream killers: trying to do it all at once, worrying
over things you can't control, doubt, pessimism,
procrastinating and making excuses.
16. TRAITS OF BIG DREAMERS
● Big dreamers have a burning desire to achieve their
dreams. Big dreamers dream big then take action.
● Traits: courageous; innovative; curious; visionary; risk-
takers; big thinkers; persistent; dissatisfied with the
status quo; comfortable with small wins along the
way or incremental growth.
17. SELF-LIMITING BELIEFS
● Half the battle is won in your mind. Practice positive
self-talk and have thoughts of expectancy.
● Be your number one champion and believe you
deserve to achieve your big dreams. Overcome self-
18. FEAR OF FAILURE
● Many people do not pursue their big dreams because
of fear of failure.
● Failure is a possibility but it should not hold you back
from taking action.
19. WORKING WITH OTHERS
● Big dreams are achieved faster through working with
● Ask for help when you need it.
20. LEARN ABOUT DREAMERS
● Learn how successful people have achieved their
● Read books and listen to motivational audio and
21. SHARE YOUR BIG DREAM
● Share your big dream with a few people who you
● Sharing you dream creates public accountability to
motivate you to take action.
22. BIG PICTURE THINKING
● The ability to see the whole, the parts and how they
are interconnected is critical.
● Visualize the relationship between a single brick, the
blueprints and a finished building and vice versa.
23. WATCH HOW YOU SPEAK
● Which words do you choose when you speak about
your big dream? Choose your words carefully – use
● Don’t self-sabotage yourself with your words. Think
possibilities and speak possibilities.
24. FORKS IN THE ROAD
● A big dream can be a catalyst for major changes in
● Major turning points in life include changing careers
or starting your own business.
25. ALLOW FLEXIBILITY
● Everything doesn’t go according to plan; allow room
for trial and error.
● You will learn from mistakes and failures.
26. HANG AROUND BIG DREAMERS
● Build or join a community of big dreamers. Share your
big dreams and energize each other.
● A good support system of like-minded people helps in
preserving big dreams.
27. LIVE A WELL BALANCED LIFE
● Remember to take good care of yourself.
● Have fun in life and get enough sleep.
28. ONE THING NOT TO DO
● lt is discouraging to hear a successful person
ridiculing or belittling another person’s big dreams.
● As a successful person you should teach others
about your failures and mistakes. Don’t just poke
holes on other people’s dreams. Provide constructive
29. OVERCOME CRITICISM
● Detractors and dream predators will criticize you and
your big idea and tell you how unrealistic you are.
● Don't get distracted by critics, keep your vision alive
and keep moving towards the finish line.
30. TAKE A RISK
● There is an element of risk in pursuing your big
dreams. You do not know if your dream will work out
● Develop your risk tolerance; plan as best as you can,
gradually build up your risk appetite by completing
one small task at a time.
31. HELP OTHER BIG DREAMERS
● Other people’s big dreams are just as important as
our own. Strive to help others to realize their dreams.
● It is very exciting to see others succeeding in their
calling and talents.
32. REWARD YOURSELF
● Take some time to reward yourself after achieving
your big dream.
● Share your story with someone to encourage and
inspire others to pursue their big dreams.
33. KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE
● Identify what to achieve in life. Jump over the wall of
fear. Chase your big dream with passion.
● Keep your dream alive. Write it down in specific
sentences, read it out aloud and record yourself.
The Place for In-Depth Career Success Resources
Flourish | Prosper | Succeed
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.