● Content Delivery Network
● Combine Images To CSS
● Gzip Compression
● Expires Headers
● Optimize Images
● Page Caching
● Optimize Plugins and Themes
● Minimize Redirects
● Server Response Time Optimization
● We all want websites to load faster. The users of every website are looking for a faster, easier
● Overall, the size of the sites are getting bigger and need to be made faster, so the users find it
easier to navigate them and make purchases on them.
○ Site speed is a part of google search algorithm
○ User experience is one of the key goals of a website and speed is one of its most important
○ Slow loading pages suffer from low user engagement and lower chances of getting ranked on
Looking for Agile teams for your business projects?
ValueCoders provides expert Agile teams for all kinds
of business projects.
Content Delivery Network
● A Content Delivery Network transfers the static files to servers that are close to the users. This
helps in making the web pages load faster. A CDN is more suitable for larger websites, for
speed and performance improvement.
● A CDN helps in faster delivery of content and and web pages to the servers at user locations.
More and more websites are using CDNs to improve the speed of their website.
Combine Images To CSS
● A large number of Images on the webpage, causes its speed to go down drastically. Combining all
background images into one, using sprites can help in reducing the page load speed time.
● The appropriate image segment will be shown as a result of the CSS background-image and
● Compression is an easy and useful way to save bandwidth. This is useful in improving the
speed of the website.
● Compression of HTML and CSS files with gzip helps in saving fifty to seventy percent of the size
of the file.
● This technique helps to store website details on the computer for faster loading, the next time
around. The expiration date in the header helps in determining the amount of time for which, the
file will remain in the computer.
● The expiration time can be set as desired.
● Minification helps in removing the unnecessary characters from code execution. This helps in
improving the load speed of the site. This helps in removing comments, block delimiters, new
line characters and whitespace characters.
● These characters hinders the code execution process. Minification helps in reducing the amount
of code that is transferred over the web.
● The Agile methodology makes the process of development extremely flexible.
● Since the development process responds to changes, the requirements change over time and
development process works flexibly towards adapting to the changes.
Enable HTTP Keep Alive Headers
● Keep alive allows the same tcp connection for HTTP conversation in place of a new one with
each new request. It is a communication between the web server and the web browser.
● This communication helps grabbing more than one file at a time.
● This is another useful method for improving the load speed time of websites. Cached pages are
served up as static HTML versions of a page. This helps in reducing queries and improving the
page load speed.
● Search engines like google store a backup version of the page ensure that the stored page gets
served up, taking lesser time.
Optimize Plugins and Themes
● Adding more and more plugins and themes to your site, which you are not using, can slow down the
speed of the website. Remove all those plugins and themes, which are not in use anymore.
● Besides that, you also need to remove all the spam comments from your site dashboard and helps it
Remove Pop-Up Ads
● Too many popups on the page can reduce its load speed.
● Reducing the popups and ad banners on your web pages, is a useful way to improve the speed of
● Many a times some pages on the website become redundant, but are still getting traffic.
Redirects are used to transfer this traffic to more relevant pages. Although this is an important
SEO practice, too many redirects reduce the speed of the website. Basically when a redirect is
processed, time gets wasted in moving the user from one page to another.
● Redirects affect mobile users a lot more than desktop users and must be used selectively on
Server Response Time Optimization
● If your website is getting a high amount of traffic, the server response time will automatically go
down. You need to check database queries, routing and memory and ensure that everything is
● This will help in improving the server response time.