At The Family, we believe that anyone can become a great entrepreneur. Find more info here: http://www.thefamily.co/
By Giovanni Dapra (https://www.linkedin.com/in/daprgio/)
Many dream of one day being a CEO. When you're the top boss and managing 20+ employees, it means you've made it... right?
But being a CEO while staying emotionally stable is a trip. Oftentimes, people underestimate what it really means to be supporting the livelihood of 20+ people and their entire families as well as being responsible for delivering happiness and results to the customers.
We are therefore thrilled to welcome the incredible Giovanni Daprà, Co-Founder & CEO at Moneyfarm at The Family who will share with us what it really means to be a CEO and how he managed himself through hard times:
- Focus on your own well being, otherwise the company will die
- You must make space for reflection
- Being responsible for everything can be an emotional burden - be aware of this
- Support high performers, don't waste time in helping poor performers
- Give constant feedback, push people you manage to their fullest potential
- Learn to let go and delegate
- Alignment and prioritisation - How do you not get overwhelmed?
- Don't get lost in detail - remove yourself from the commodity market competing on price and quality; focus on innovating your unique approach, exceptional skills and customer intimacy
- Fundraising - what got done right and what could have been done better
- Product market fit - keeping up momentum for product innovation and change after you've acquired your first customers
- Hiring - things to be wary of when you're both the CEO and chief talent officer
- Taking outside advice and having the right mindset - the types of books and information you want to avoid when building a business
Giovanni started his career in banking. Following many years in finance and analysing other people's companies, he left Deutsche Bank to start his own. He co-founded Moneyfarm with this principle to deliver the best solutions to protect and increase an individual’s wealth over time.
You don't want to miss this one!