SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
• A smart city is a green city that uses
renewable energy, produces zero waste and is
healthy & safe to live in. This city follows the
followingmanagement practices that aid in its
objective of sustained green living.
• Use of renewable energy resources as much as
possibleas per the availability.
• Solar power enabled buildings [ edu. Intitutes,
govt. buildings,railway bus stations,
hospitals],solar street lightings
• Solar power incentives to people connecting
to the grid
• Bio energy generation
• Aim for zero waste
• Reduce, reuse and recycle.
• Localized solid waste segregation and waste
• Efficient waste to energy plants
• Public transport should green energy powered
[ solar powered & battery operated] vehicles
• Laying down of cycle tracks, pedestrian lanes,
vehicle free zones [ near edu. institutions,
• Heavy vehicles should not be allowed in cities
or allowed during restricted hours. Should
adhere to pollution checks.
• Rain water harvesting infrastructure integral
part of residential & commercial structure
• Recharging water bodies with rain water &
stoppingpollution by proper waste water
• River front development with appropriate
selection of flora and fauna that help in
reducing soil erosion & reduce water pollution
Air quality management
• Lots of green spaces
• Air purifiers at high traffic congestion spots
• Green walls, plants to counter air pollution
• Incentives for green vehicles, fining of
• Air quality monitoring at strategic places
• Ability to approach the authorities directly
with complaints,requests & suggestion about
city issues[online ]
• Online registration of basic amenities
• Civic admin should coordinatewith RWAs and
volunteer group. Proper feedback loop should
be in place to track work done regularly.
• CCTV cameras at strategic places
• Neighbourhoodwatch program
• Volunteer network that coordinateswith law
• RWAs should coordinate with law
"Plastic Man," Rajagopalan Vasudevan has used common plastic
litter into a substitutefor bitumen — the main ingredient in
asphalt used for road construction. http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-07-
Using permeable concrete that can absorb
water and permeable paving that can pass
water, are ideal for pavements, parking lots,
Smart street lighting
In street smart lighting,
efficient lights with smart
controls are fitted at every
lighting point. This helps to
improve lighting quality and
help saving energy. This leads
to increase in the life span of
the lighting module and offers
flexibility where each street
light can be programmed
independently as per
• Bamboois a green material and is a viable, sustainable and engineered
alternative to other materials. Its light weight and highly flexible. It is an
eco-friendly material that reaches maturity much faster than conventional
trees and produces more oxygen than the hard wood trees, thus helps in
reducing global warming. No pesticides or chemicals are needed for its
development. Structural applications of bamboo are diverse and can be
used in city furniture, smart buildings and urban infrastructures.
Recyclable Construction Materials
• Recyclable Materials should be used in constructionpurposes.
the reuse of recycled materials is an innovative and a highly
effective way for a smart and sustainable design. Reusing
materials from existing on site or procured from nearby site
elements such as trees, structures,and paving is a healthy
• Most common building materials today can be recycled.
Concrete,metals, glass, brick and plastics can be recycled and
helps to lower energy requirement and emissions by up to
ninety percent in most cases.
Perforated clay bricks
• Multi-perforated clay bricks should be used as they have
excellent fire resistance, good thermal and acoustic insulation,
and superior durability.