SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Adverse to riskTell them everything, then tell them againNot in line with the way the internet was evolving Why did we change?Major Problems: version no longer supportedNot SEO friendlyBuggy (couldn’t find assets, needed to handcode workarounds)Also:End users and content owners didn’t like the design. Put people off reading and wasn’t flexible enough
Change from how we did it before – round up small business offering Promoting BV the main game – get more people to consume our data Improved CLR
Blue- direct traffic Yellow- referral traffic Green- SEO Dark grey- paid search Light grey – email
Business Victoria Online: A case for further innovation
A case for digital innovation
3 Sections by 3 Speakers
• Choose your platform wisely
• Evidence is your best friend
• The end is the beginning
Opportunity for change
The audience – who are they?
• 529,690 SMEs in Victoria
• SMEs represents 96% of all businesses in the State
– 95% of SMEs are connected to the internet
– 90% of SMEs use internet for research
– 70% of SME’s will have a Smartphone or tablet by 12/2012
SME count based on ABS Data June 2012
Use of the Internet based on Sensis E Business Report 2011
• What needs are we trying to meet – what do
• The content evolution- building it.
• Getting it out there – do they come?
Meeting business needs
What are we offering
The online link between business and
the Victorian Government
Help to solve
Improve skills to
E-UpdateFollow up packs
Our users are:
• Busy running and starting their businesses
• Suffer from information overload
Our challenge is to ensure that our content is :
• Timely and relevant
• That we are a trusted source
What we know about our users
The migration process enabled us to see the content with fresh eyes.
It was clear that this was the beginning of our journey and not the end.
• Review of content criteria
• Upskilling of staff – focus on best practice (UX)
• Refresh of approach to developing content
• Introduction of subject matter experts as part of the content development process
• Distributed authoring
• Improved use of analytics
The content evolution- building it
Business Victoria content must meet one of the 3 objectives
• Solving problems
Business Victoria will add value to our users in one of the following ways.
the source of the
providing the context
to the information
along w/related links,
but it’s owned by
overview of the
process in which the
User Experience and SEO training
Training 1• User Experience Fundamentals •SEO Fundamentals
Training 2 Content for the Web Workshop
Training 3 User Experience fundamentals (advanced)
Training 4 :User Journeys and Personas
Training 5 :Web metrics fundamentals
Introduction of subject matter
• Put together the a content development advisory panel.
• Gave us structured and quick access to
– Freelance writers
– Subject matter experts
• BV identified the need and played the role of the web publisher.
Result was we could get new content up quicker and
focus on the operational side of the website.
• Open rate July 2013 48.4%
• Introduced segmenting
• Made more mobile friendly
• overall results for 2012-13
• what we've learned
• next steps
No rest for the wicked
Overall results so far
KPI Target Result
Visits 1.4 million 2.92 million
Mobile website visits 130,000 500,000
BV users are more satisfied with Victorian
Government support then non-users (61%
• Skilling staff makes a difference eg. through SEO training
SEO moved from 28% in August 2012 to 40% in October
• Importance of mobile - target 130,000 to actual 500,000.
• Everyone needs to know how to do online eg. moving
print to online still an education role.
• Never over – continuous.
What we've learned
• Mobile insight research.
• Responsive design.
• Improved integration with others across
First Click Consulting
Business Victoria Online
Senior Content Manager
Customer Experience Manager