9. “ When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son… I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.” [Hosea 11:1,4]
13. Exodus 19:4 `You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.“
14. Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
15. “ The best argument for Christianity is Christians; their joy, their certainty, their completeness. But the strongest argument against Christianity is also Christians – when they are sombre and joyless, when they are self-righteous and smug in complacent consecration, when they are narrow and repressive, then Christianity dies a thousand deaths.” Sheldon Vanauken [Cited in Leonard Sweet, Carpe Manana]
18. if you want the light to shine out, you have to let the light shine in... the mirrorball principles - 1 in the areas of mercy and love
19. the mirrorball principles - 2 in the areas of mercy and love when you see what God is really like, you will really like what you see...
20. the mirrorball principles - 3 in the areas of mercy and love light needs to bounce to be visible: you see God in the people he bounces off...
21. “ God is not looking for people who will work for him, so much as he is looking for people who will let him work for them.” John Piper