90th Foundation of TAYABAS WESTERN ACADEMY
ACADEMIC QUIZ - GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Filipinoscelebrateannually theNational Dental
Health Month, in which month does the said
a. December b. January
c. February d. March
2.What kind of government was installed under the
1973 Constitution under the Marcos regime?
a. Modified Presidential system
b. Modified Parliamentary system
c. Military system
d. Bicameral system
3. In this system or principle,the powers of the
government are divided into three distinctclasses:
the legislative,the executive, and the judiciary.
b. Parliamentary System
c. Presidential System
d. Checks and Balances
4. What is the difference between a Senator and a
Member of the House of Representatives?
a. A Senator is elected at large by qualified
voters, whereas a member of the House of
Representatives is elected in his district.
b. Although both arelegislators,a senator is
concerned with the national interestof the
people, whilea member of the House of
Representatives is concerned only with the
regional interestof the people.
c. A senator is trained to be the future leader of
the country, whereas a member of the
House of Representatives is not.
d. All of the above
5. Which of the followingis an implied power of
(a) power to punish contempt
(b) declarethe existence of a state of war
(c) disciplineits members
(d) canvass presidential elections
6. Which of the followingis NOTincluded of the
7. Which of the followingis NOTincluded in the ‘true
berries’ of fruits?
8. He was considered as the father of “Internet”.
a. Charles Babbage
b. Vinton Cerf
c. Tim Berners-Lee
d. Bob Kahn
9. This element in the Halidefamily is theonly liquid
in state at ordinary roomtemperature and
10. This is a method of organization in which facts
are presented in descending order of importance.
a. inverted pyramid
b. concept map
c. venn diagram
d. marking strategy
11. Which is NOT included in the Jack ‘n Jill diverse
portfolio of snacks in thePhilippines.
b. V cut
c. Roller Coaster
12. Pertainingto memory size:1 Terabyte = 1,024
Gigabytes; what _____ byte = 1,024 Terabytes?
13. The most “quoted” searched topic in Youtube is
14. He is an American comic book writer best known
for creating “The Walking Dead”.
a. Robert Kirkman
b. J.K. Rowling
c. Veronica Roth
d. James Patterson
15. This famous chocolateproduct which it is
actually represents dancers,the Folies Bergeres – a
cabaretmusic hall in Paris,wherein the shapeof
this chocolatewas meant to represent.
16. Cory Aquino’s personal favourite color is ____,
which the latter did not use as trademark for his
17. SPF refers to the theoretical amount of time you
can stay in the sun without getting sunburned and
commonly found in lotions or cosmetic products.
SPF stands for Sun Protection F_____.
18. This is the spread of culture includingaspects
such as clothing,food, from one group to another,
typically asa resultof makingcontact with a new
group for the firsttime.
a. Cultural change
c. Cultural diffusion
19. It is considered in the Philippines as thesummer
capital of the south.
b. Cebu City
20. This weird English word means sad or miserable
1. The smallestcountry in the continent of Africa.
a. Rome b. Vatican c. Seychelles d. Comoros
2. The largestisland in theworld.
a. Greenland b. Australia c. Madagascar d. Iceland
3. It is the largestrock named Uluru can be found in what continent?
a. Australia b. Asia c. Antarctica d. South America
4. This chemical is theprincipal greenhouse gas that contributes to climatechange.
a. Methane b. Water vapour c. Nitrous oxide d. Carbon dioxide
5. It refers to the streamliningof government’s control over the industry for basic commodities.Italso means that
government does not have any legislativeinterferenceover the certain companies for as longas they provide
valid reasons for their courses of actions.
a. Globalization b. Privatization c. Liberalization d. Deregulation
PREPARED BY: MRS. MARIETA B. LAMOCA