SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Airworthy Aircrafts are Safe Aircrafts
• For safety reasons the flying aircrafts have to be
• Airworthy means:
▫ the aircrafts have to be maintained as per
▫ The proper records and paper works are
▫ All the required modifications are done.
• The aircrafts have been flying regularly.
• Works to be done by Qualified Personnel
Qualified Personnels: Aircraft
• They are qualified personnel who repair and
maintain the aircrafts.
• They had undergone an approved training
• They were examined by the authority and
carried a current license.
• They are practicing their skills continuously.
Nature of Maintenance Works
• There are basically four (4) types of work to be
done on an aircraft: Number 1 – Testing
▫ Testing is done at regular interval to check the
proper operation of a system.
▫ Functional Test - to check for its normal
▫ System test goes deeper to check for the integrity
and set up the adjustment.
▫ Test is also carried out to identify the fault caused
• Repair is required when the systems or parts do
not operate as they should be.
• It can be a simple job such as changing a light
• I can be a major job such as making a structure
repair after a minor collision with a ground
• All repair works have to follow the approved
manual or instructions by the aircraft
Aircraft Maintenance Job:
• When a component reach the determined life, it
has to be overhauled to revise its useful life.
• It will involve the stripping the components to
its smaller parts.
• Testing and checking for wear and tear
• Replacing life items.
• Reassemble and testing
• Revision of the service life
Aircraft Maintenance Works:
• Modification is required when there is problem
with existing design or materials.
• It is also done when there is a change to the
• Modification is required if a better design is
• It will require the instruction from the
authorities or aircraft manufacturer.
Qualification To Join
• GCEs or equivalent
• 18 years old or older
• Airline will put in higher requirement, for
example diploma in engineering related
Qualification and Maintenance System
• the qualification or licensing system will
depending on your country’s civil aviation
• Some countries still operate on BCAR section L
• BCAR system will have 5 qualification groups
• USA is using the FAA system
• Europe were using the JAR, which provide the
guideline and it had to be implemented by
• The latest is the EASA .
Classification of Job
• The job is technical
• The maintenance engineering will do a hand-on
job repairing the aircraft
• It is not an office or desk job
• The works has to be done 24 hours a day, so do
expect to work shift.
• It can be an open air job repairing the aircraft in
the tarmac in the middle of cold winter or hot
summer, in the rain or sunshine