SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Holding the world accountable.
Kyle Rogers + James Flexman
In 1999, Kyle Rogers (Co-Founder) watched his
beloved Kansas Jayhawks, with their stud
Freshman class of Drew Gooden, Nick Collison
and Kirk Hinrich, destroy an opponent in their
He boldly told his Mom, “Mom, when these guys
are seniors in 2003, they are winning the
Flash forward 4 years. Kansas is playing
Syracuse for the Title. Kyle tells his Mom,
“Remember when I predicted this?”
Kyle’s Mom responds, “What are you talking
about? No you didn’t.”
And the idea for Knoda was born. All because
his Mom didn’t remember his prediction? Pretty
Go head-to-head with
Mission: Bring accountability to the world.
Skip Bayless. Jim Cramer. Lee Corso. Stephen A. Smith. Are the “EXPERTS”
actually any good? Are you better than they are?
● $1,600,000 gives us an 18 month runway to focus on
● Focus on building a great product experience,
substantial partnerships and solidifying our revenue
● Seize the market
● Protect our intellectual property with a patent (already
secured preliminary patent on system for making,
settling, rating predictions)
3 Strategic partnerships with large media
Build virality into the product.
Embeddable predictions and widgets on
websites and blogs.
Recently launched embeddable predictions and have been
featured on over 20+ blogs/sites in first two weeks.
Partner with large brands/sites on Contests
Oscars, College Football, The Voice, etc.
Create fun, unique contests.
* Based off sample month at start of budget
Founder of Digital Sports Ventures,
successfully exited. ShotTracker co-founder.
Former CEO of Zave Networks, which
was bought by Google.
6+ years social media/marketing experience.
Built social media team at Sporting Kansas
City and AWG. 4+ years product strategy
3 years sponsorships, 3 years marketing at
Sporting Kansas City. 4 years product
development experience at Sporting
Innovations and BlackOps Development.
10+ years development experience at
Carfax, Lexmark, LiveOn, Sporting
Innovations. 6+ years management of
development teams. Full-stack developer.
Angel investor. Former owner of
○ Sponsored Ads/Predictions targeted at user interests
○ Sponsored Contests
○ Repackage our content for unique experiences ala Twitter
○ Market research
○ Big data analytics
Vision: Knoda Scores are mainstream and the de facto accountability/reputation
metric. “Did you see Lee Corso is only a 20 at College Football. I’m an 88.” Knoda
predictions are everywhere - The Bachelor, sports pre-game shows, Mad Money.
Budget, Financials, Plan, Past Investment, History,
Competition, Data, Case Study
● Simplify the experience
● Add social to the feed
● Rivals - experts/celebs/friends
● Scores - introduce accountability feature
● Personalization of the feed
● Real-time notifications around events and news
● Enhance the conversation around predictions by providing
relevant tweets, news and videos from our partners
● Embeddable Predictions/Widgets on websites/blogs
● Partner with major media/content companies
● Build growth into the product experience
○ Traditional PR - target the bigger dogs - Techcrunch, Recode,
○ Earned media - continue building stories around predictions
(so far includes Golden Tate, #esurancesave30 contest)
○ Content marketing - newsletter, blog, viral sites, videos
○ Guerilla marketing - Twitter, new social channels, other
● $5,000 each from founding team (total of $10,000)
● SparkLabKC Accelerator - $18,000 for 4%
● Digital Sandbox KC - $16,000 grant
● Employee/Advisor Option Pool - 25%
● Seed Investment
○ 300K Convertible Note from single Angel Investor
■ 6% interest
■ 27.5% discount
■ No cap
○ 50K Convertible Note from University of Missouri Angel Group
○ 33K Network Kansas matching funds
■ Both have same interest, discount and lack of cap as above
● Total Funds to-date: $427,000
● Accepted into SparkLab KC Accelerator in May 2013
● Registered as a Kansas LLC in July 2013
● Received Digital Sandbox grant funds in July 2013
● Began iOS and back-end development in July 2013
● iPhone beta product completed September 2013, beta testing began
● Closed seed round November 1, 2013
● Started phase 2 iOS/back-end development November 1, 2013
● Released iPhone app to market November 30, 2013
● Released Web in January 2014
● Released Android app in March 2014
● Released Group feature in April 2014
● Released Embeddable Predictions in May 2014
● Released Amazon app in June 2014
● Launched partnership with Kansas City Star in July 2014
Social game. Wager points on
sports + pop culture.
Tracks “pundits” prediction
Real-time sports predictions
Set up bets with friends on
Contest to win $ by correctly
predicting sports outcomes.
No wagering of points.
Anyone can participate. Not
just “pundits.” Also, compete
head-to-head vs. pundits.
No multiple choice.
Completely open to user.
Not venturing into betting
More than just sports.
74% 13-34 years old (35% 18-24 years old)
Total Predictions: 8,200
Total Votes: 185,000
Avg. Votes/Prediction: 22.5
Strong Engagement Rates
Daily Active Users: 10%
Monthly Active Users: 40%
Total accounts: 4,000
Avg Time/Session (Mobile): 1:20
Avg Sessions/Day for Daily Active Users (Mobile): 3.7
Avg Time/Session (Web): 6 minutes
Major Activity Spikes for Big Events
On average, 10% of users are on each day. For big events:
Super Bowl: 30% of users were active
Grammys: 20% of users were active
March Madness & World Cup: 20% of users
were active on peak days
Knoda & Media: MW370
CNN reports Malaysian Airlines Flight 370
has lost radar contact.
FootyChronicles makes a MW370
prediction on Knoda.
FootyChronicles shares their Knoda
prediction on Twitter, starting a new
CNN reports that the airline has still not
been found. FootyChronicles loses their
Check out my Malaysian Airlines prediction on