• Provide a cohesive user experience by linking various internet
connected devices with endless possibilities.
• Smart devices are inter-connected but apps running on these devices
do not take advantage of it.
• We want to leverage the connectivity of devices and set a standard
for the next generation of apps.
Typical Camera Usage
1. Just came back from my son’s soccer game and I took some pictures and videos
2. I can save these pictures and videos on:
‐ external drive
‐ cloud storage like Dropbox
3. Share with friend or family
4. Watch on TV later.
Capture pictures and videos Store and backup Watch 3
It All Adds Up!
Most smartphones have 8MP camera.
1 photo size: 2MB
1min 1920x1080 video size: 85MB
Just 25 pictures and 10min of video adds up
to 900MB of Data
(25 pic * 2MB/pic) + (10min * 85MB/min) = 900MB
External Hard Disk:
• Can break down any Ome.
• Expensive to recover data if they break down.
Need to be connected to internet to
14hr to upload 900MB of data at 150Kbps
7hr to download 900MB of data at 350Kbps
✦ X2X MediaBox stays connected to ✦ Sync data
internet to access apps. ✦ Used as input device.
✦ Smart devices controls it. ✦ Search for pictures and videos on
✦ Edge caching for media storage these devices. Hit play to display
and delivery desired content on TV.
✦ less than $50 per unit
✦ Supports HD 1080p
1. Selected folders on user device gets synced to
MediaBox over LAN. (20X faster than DropBox)
2. MediaBox syncs it’s data to cloud service like
3. Changes to dropbox folder from work PC gets
synced to MediaBox.
4. User air play videos and folder containing
pictures to TV using iPhone – iPad or computer
Search & Discover
Subscribed or Free Content
Control other devices