A winning mentality can play a vital role in the success or failure of any project or task. As a manager you can be instrumental in creating a winning mentality that ultimately ensures the success of you and your team.
7. A great way to keep your team focused on winning and being
successful in all they do is to make sure they do not lose sight of
8. If you are working on projects that are broken up into smaller or
more arduous tasks, keeping a focus on the desired end result and
the big picture is the best way to keep employees positive and
11. If your organisation provides incentives, such as targeted bonuses
or internal competitions, don’t be afraid to keep your team focused
13. Obviously bonuses aren’t everything – but incentives like these are
designed to motivate employees; so mentioning them alongside
team goals in one-on-one or (if appropriate) group meetings can
be highly eﬀective in driving your team towards their goals.
14. Keeping individuals focused on their personal incentives can keep
them motivated on what winning means to them – leading to
better results for the wider team.
37. As manager it is likely that you’ll want to celebrate when you and
your team hits a project milestone, or achieve a major collective
38. These should be celebrated collectively. Whether this means
celebrating in the workplace or outside of work hours as a group,
you should be willing to celebrate and to reward your employees
for their accomplishments!