1. MARY BETH NANCE
Location: Charlotte, NC
Accelerate Revenues and New Sales Bookings
with a Proven and Big Thinking Professional Executive
Executive Business Development, Sales and Marketing results oriented leader with a record of building
sustainable organizations that grew new sales bookings 20% for more than 20 years and always met or
exceeded quota by focusing on industry trends and making quick decisions.
An Expert in developing Direct Sales, Agent and Partner Programs, improving Marketing results and
shortening Sales Training and Sales Cycles to achieve corporate goals by keeping focus on the ‘big picture’
and remaining detail-oriented.
• Staff Management, including responsibility for providing leadership of multiple department managers
and formed synergies between cross-functional departments. Optimized day-to-day operations to
include Business Development and Marketing on the front end and Sales Operations and Customer
Care on the back end.
• Increased lead generation through social media, redesigning website, industry awards, and partner
programs, shortened the learning curve for selling complex solutions from six months to six weeks
and reduced churn (less than industry average of 5%) with proactive customer outreach programs.
Establish Alternate Channels and Open New Markets:
• Agents grew from $0 revenues to 20% of total company revenues.
• Optimized Partner Programs, originally negative revenues, to over 15% of new Direct Sales bookings.
• Developed full blown P&Ls approved by Board of Directors resulting in the successful opening of
four new markets with fiber network services.
Expand Brand Awareness:
• Implemented new and innovative techniques to deliver effective messaging.
• Managed a marketing budget of $350,000 with ROI of $54 million.
• Redesigned website generating internet sales of $2.2 million.
Drive Innovative Business Methodologies and Technical Knowledge:
• Achieved the most successful implementation and adoption rates of Salesforce.com which provided clean
forecasting in less than five months.
• Delivered ROI reporting on $54 million marketing, promotions and channel partner activities.
• Developed Sales Training Programs, by vertical, resulting in successful sales to major clients such as,
Facebook and ESPN.
Business Development and Partnership Sales:
• By restructuring the ecosystem of partners increased new sales bookings for the National Direct Sales
teams by more than 15% annually.
2. • Partnerships included data center, cloud providers, consultants, systems integrators, and hardware
3. AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Bank of America Talent Workshop, 2019. Selected from a competitive pool of candidates to participate
in this intensive, professional program for experienced professionals.
• Top 50 Agent Channel Programs. Selected by Phone+ Magazine for making it easy for the agent
community to do business with AboveNet, five consecutive years.
• Executive Presenter on Partnership Successes, Ciena Global Partner Conference.
• Finalist for the Light Reading Leading Lights Award in the U.S for best marketing of Ethernet
services through promotions and branding, two years in a row.
• AboveNet Circle of Excellence Leadership Award for outstanding achievements in marketing, business
development, customer care and agent channel efforts, three years in a row.
Provider of Business Transformation, Technology Management & Cloud IT Sourcing & Development
VP Indirect & Partner Channels
Develop and grow Agent and Referral Partner Sales Channels for a Data Center provider resulting in
sustainable new sales bookings that meet and exceed corporate revenue objectives.
GLG Research, Austin, TX April 2012 – January 2013
Consulting Company to Private Equity Investment Companies
Independent Telecommunications Executive Council Member
Consultant to the private equity investor community related to telecommunications, technologies and business
AboveNet, Herndon, VA May 2005 – September 2011
Fiber Optic Connectivity Solutions Provider
Managed the Business Development, Marketing, Customer Care and Sales Operations teams; developed
strategies and led projects associated with each.
• Originally recruited and hired to develop, from scratch, a national Agent Channel signing up over 25
Master Agents that went from $0 revenues in 2005 to over 145% bookings attainment. Agent bookings
account for more than 20% of all company bookings.
• Cultivated Vendor Partner Programs that increased service revenues by 150%.
• Remodeled Referral Partner Programs that generated over 15% of Direct Sales new sales bookings
• Developed and garnered approval for business plans outlining new products and the financial / marketing
factors impacting the opening of three new markets. New markets increased annual revenue acquisition
by over 45%.
• Tapped by management to lead Customer Care and Sales Operations, challenged with improving
processes. Sustained churn below budget and forecasts.
Previous Experience: Real Estate Agent, Million Dollar Club Member.
Hobbies: Golf, Hiking, Enjoying the Outdoors and Watching My Adult Children
Flourish Based On The Foundation I Provided Them.