SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Popular Community Led Seniors’ Events at Randwick City Library
Popular Community Led
Presented by Magnolia Szabo and Jodie Sheather
Randwick City Library
Current Ongoing Programs
Create Art class
Next Chapter Art
Writing for pleasure
Create art class
Most programs run weekly in addition to
technology training, one-off and term based events.
Approximately doubled from
Overall attendance (includes
technology training, one-off
and term based events)
Aims and Objectives
• To foster social inclusion as well as lifelong
learning, which is one of our library core
objectives, building on our Council’s vision
of “a sense of community”.
• Being able to support a broad range of
activities without sacrificing staff time and
effort to maximize resources and reduce
• Environmental Scanning
• Proactive Volunteers
• Right people, right programs
• Flexibility- can initiate programs quickly
• Cost assessment
• Program development
• Volunteer and community to take charge
• Monitor and support
• Recognition and reward
• In it for the right reasons
• Increased number and variety of different events.
• Increased flexibility and ability to run new events.
• Great outcomes and results such as publications and
exhibitions like “Stories from the Street”.
• We have a more relaxed and inclusive feel
• Reduced staff involvement.
• Outcomes are dependent on community members and
• Increased community engagement with the library.
• Increased attendance, positive feedback and suggestions.
• Increased social inclusion and lifelong learning.
• Staff attendance at programs is reduced, which has freed up
time for other duties and time to instigate new programs and
• We have an increased range of events that are proving very
popular with our community.