Roderick Hunt Alex Brychta
True or False (pages from 1 to 15)
1. The children were with Wilf and Wilma’s parents for a picnic.
2. They went to a beautiful place called Black Horse Hill. _______
3. It was a hot and sunny winter day. _______
4. After the picnic, the children left the litter behind them but
Wilma’s mother ordered them to pick it up. _______
5. From the top of the hill, the houses and cars looked small.
6. A microlight is an aircraft that looks like a chair with wings.
7. Floppy cut his paw, while he was running in and out of the
8. The children played football before they went home. _______
C.Agius Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 9 Stories Page 1
9. Chip threw the litter on the ground. _______
10. Chip was afraid to go for the magic adventure on his own.
How would you describe these?
a ___________ a___________ day __________food
a ___________picnic a ___________aircraft an ___________bottle
___________rats a __________ a___________
a ___________park ___________ houses a ___________dream
Put the story in order. Write the numbers from 1-14 in the correct
The magic key took Chip to the When Chip woke up, the
Litter Queen’s palace, where he adventure was over and he was
had to work for her. in bed worried for the magic
His job was to spread litter and The magic key flew out of
junk everywhere. Chip’s pocket.
C.Agius Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 9 Stories Page 2
The Litter Queen took Chip to The microlight went out of
the Litter Centre and gave him control and Chip fell together
a uniform. with his bag of litter.
The magic key was safe in its Mr Johnson’s class won the
Litter Queen was angry at Chip There he had to fill a large bag
because he did not want to with litter, to use it to make a
spoil the park. mess of the parks and
At school, Chip talked to Mr Chip did not like this adventure
Johnson about his idea to do a and thought that it was a
litter project. horrible one.
Chip won a special prize for his Mr Johnson put the project in
story called “The Litter Queen”. the “Save our Countryside”
Imagine that you are one of Mr Johnson’s students. Write 4
slogans for Chip’s litter project.
C.Agius Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 9 Stories Page 3