5. The United States of America is Republic and
collection of 50 diverse states. The vast majority of
Americans are immigrants from Europe, Asia,
Africa, the Pacific Islands and South America.
People trace there heritage from every country in
the world and practice every know religion, making
it the worlds most diverse country.
Canada is a Constitutional Monarchy with 10
territories. During the American Revolution, people
remaining loyal to the British King fled north,
founding this sparsely populated country.
6. Less than 5 percent of the world’s population lives in
the United States and Canada, yet have 37.5% of the
7. The vast majority of the 329.2 million people of the
United States and the 35 million people of Canada all
are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.
24. Like all the great civilizations of history, the United
States and Canada benefit greatly from diversity.
25. Canada has an average population density of only 8 people
per square mile (3 people per sq. km).
26. Population density is the concentration of individuals
within a species in a specific geographic locale.
Population density= Number of people per
Our class 400 square feet. 400 square feet =
0.000014348025711662075 square miles
2090880 students per mile2 =30 students divided by
27. 90 percent of Canadians live in a narrow strip of land
along Canada’s border with the United States.
28. 38.01 million people
1.643 trillion USD GDP
43,241.62 USD GDP per Household (2020)
29. Official Languages English and French
Has an elected Parliament that elects Prime Minister Justine
30. Head of State is British Monarch that appoints a Governor
General Mary Simon.
31. Canada was settled by the French then English loyalists during
the American Revolution against British King George III.
32. Canada has 10 Provinces and Territories each with its own capital.
33. The highest population density is along the St Lawrence
River, the traditional trade water trade route to the world.
144. Poets like Countee Cullen ( The Black Christ and Other Poems (1929) ) and
novelists Claude McKay wrote expressions of African American America.
149. Four of the cities—Boston, New York, Philadelphia,
and Baltimore—are important world trade centers.
152. Philadelphia was the largest city in colonial times,
and the colonists met and published the Declaration
of Independence on July 4th 1776.
158. The planned city of Washington, D.C., established on the
Potomac River near the Chesapeake Bay, is the country’s capital.
the genius that completed the
design of the Nations Capital
169. Miami enjoys a pleasant climate and colorful Hispanic/ Caribbean
175. Trade on the Mississippi combine with French and African Americ
culture makes New Orleans one of the gems of cultural diversity in