2. Flour mills are the among the most
Flour mill is a unit operation designed to
break a solid material into smaller pieces.
Grinding of solid matter occurs under the expose
of mechanical forces that trench the structures by
overcoming of interior bonding forces .
3. It was discovered around 6000 BC that wheat
seeds could be crushed between simple
millstones to make flour.
In 1879, at the beginning of the Industrial Era,
the first steam mill was erected in London.
Milling of flour is accomplished by grinding
grain between stones or steel wheels.
6. Raw material which is used in flour milling has
to undergo number of processes like:
1. To store a reserve of wheat.
2. To remove all the impurities from the wheat
and prepare it for milling.
3. To mill the wheat and separate flour from the
bran and skins of the wheat (MILLING)
4. To store the milled products before dispatch
7. "stone-ground ” usually means that the grain has
been ground in a mill in which a revolving stone
wheel turns over a stationary stone wheel, vertically
or horizontally with the grain in between.
Many small appliance mills are available, both hand-cranked
and electric. The mill stones frequently rub
against each other resulting in small stone particles
chipping off and getting into flour, but they are
removed before the flour is solid
8. • Modern flour mills are very highly automated and
all parts of the process are easily adapted to
•In general, grinding processes require a relatively
large amount of energy
•Flour milling parts contains cotton sifter pads,
nylon filter mesh, elevator bucket, acrylic tube,
sieve cleaner, etc.
9. • Raw material is fed at the top of the machine. It as to
pass through 3 floors slowly A grinding mill is a unit
operation designed to break a solid material into smaller
• There are many different types of grinding mills and
many types of materials processed in them.
• Historically mills were powered by hand (mortar and
pestle), working animal (horse mill), wind (windmill) or
• Today they are also powered by electricity.
10. : The milling system contains:
1. Break passages for gentle breaking of the
wheat kernel and production of flour
2.Reduction passages with smooth rolls are employed
reduce semolina (a byproduct ) into flour.
12. 3. separation of fine flour particles from the
4.Flour milling machine grinding, cutting uniform,
broken less, low temperature, final product is
bright and clean, high wheat yield that is gradually