SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
• Netiquette is the digital version of etiquette,
or the do’s and don’ts of online
Netiquette by Virginia Shea
• The 10 core rules of netiquette were
examined and explained by Virginia Shea in
her book, “Netiquette.” The rules are…
The 10 Core Rules
• Rule 1: Remember the Human
• Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior
online that you follow in real life
• Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace
• Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth
• Rule 5: Make yourself look good online
• Rule 6: Share expert knowledge
• Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control
• Rule 8: Respect other people's privacy
• Rule 9: Don't abuse your power
• Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes
Rule 1: Remember the Human
• Follow the rule that your parents taught you
again and again: Treat others the way you
would want to be treated.
Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of
behavior online that you follow in real life
• Be ethical and remember that there are still
laws in cyberspace.
Rule 3: Know where you are in
• Different rules and behaviors are expected in
different domains. Take a moment to look
around and explore before putting your
thoughts out there.
Rule 4: Respect other peoples time
• Remember that everyone may not have the
bandwidth speed that you have. Be sure to
not post items multiple times.
• Understand that you are not the center of
attention in all forums. Not everyone may
have the same ideas and opinions as you. Be
Rule 5: Make yourself look good
• Grammar and language are viewed and
judged. Be sure you proofread what you put
• Know what you’re talking about and make
sure it makes sense.
Rule 6: Share Expert Knowledge
• People post questions online to receive
answers. If you are knowledgeable on a
subject, share your information.
• If you have a question, research it thoroughly
Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under
• “Flaming” is when people express their
opinions strongly and with emotion, despite
others feelings on a topic.
• Be careful how involved you get into a flame
war. They may be fun at first, but they get old
Rule 8: Respect other people’s privacy
• The rule says exactly what it means: respect
other’s privacy the way you would want to
have yours respected.
Rule 9: Don’t abuse your power
• Just because you know more, have more skills,
or have more power does not give you the
right to take advantage of them.
Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people’s
• At some point in time, all of us were new to
the digital world. Be polite and if you feel you
need to point out a mistake, let them know in
a nice way.