2. • Developing a story writing a script
• Pitching ideas and hiring staff
• Making storyboard and finale scripts
• Editing the film
• Distribution is big business, and is about shipping products rather than creating
them. Therefore, media production companies often sell the rights to their text to
specialist distributors at this stage, eg HMV will take on all record companies'
CDs, rather than them trying to open up record stores themselves
• How the audience view the film, how it get show cast e.g film
festivals and youtube
3. An independent film is something that is not funded by a mayor films which are Columbia
Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney, Touchstone Pictures, Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures,
Made outside the hollywood film lower film budget no one inter with it don’t hear about them
because they cant afford it, people know about it by word of mouth.
Films made by the big 6 Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney, Touchstone
Pictures, Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Universal Studies. Big budget to market it
so people see it and know about it
4. Producer of independent films-
• Island pictures
• Big Talk Productions
• Cowboy Films
• Independent Film Company
• JW Films
• Shine Pictures
• Trademark Films
• Working Title
• Number 9 Films
• Heyday Films
5. Producers of mainstream films-
• 20th Century Fox
• Walt Disney
• Warner Bros
• Paramount Pictures
• Universal Studies
6. The biggest public funder of films in the UK is the BFI which invests Lottery funds
across a diverse mix of projects. The production and development fund offers financial
assistance to established filmmakers, emerging talent, and every level in-between.
There are also other finance schemes in support of film distribution, UK sales
companies and film festivals.
7. Showcasing new talent – The best way for an up-and-coming filmmaker
to get his/her name out there is to submit a film and gain acceptance
into film festivals. Whether the film passes muster or not with the
audience, the filmmakers get recognition simply for completing a work
and getting it screened. Those with the skill to win over the audience
and receive awards reap further benefits.
Networking – These festivals also give filmmakers a chance to commune
with fellow filmmakers, supporters, media representatives and various
professionals. I can tell you from personal experience I have made
important contacts and lifelong friends from networking at festivals. It
establishes mutually beneficial relationships and leads to many
10. You Keep Your Rights: you dont have to worry about
confusing contracts, expensive lawyers, and
accidentally signing over your vision You decide how
your film is used. You get to make your own film and
nobody can change the scrip or your ideas.
11. There are now some companies who claim to make profits
from distributing films online in a similar way to traditional
Changing the way we share, discover, buy and sell movies,
Distrify turns the web into a movie sales platform.
Reach a global audience, publish programs on any site, and
get paid for every purchase.
12. • Skylight
• Passion River
• New Video
• Strand Releasing
• Troma Entertainment
• Halo 8
• Brink DvD
13. You can put your movie online for people to view. Many people will see it and
it will spread, popular site e.g. Netflix means many people you don’t know
can view your independent film. One of the best ways to get into the
independent cinema sector is by volunteering or undertaking an internship.
These roles are unpaid which makes them difficult to sustain, but if you can
find a way to fund yourself, they are an ideal way for you to gain invaluable
experience and make your first contacts within the industry.
Independent Cinema Office
The national organisation for the development and support of independent
film exhibition in the UK. We exist to bring a wider range of films to a wider
range of audiences. Our primary aims are to:
• Promote diversity in exhibition content, audience and location.
• Develop a culturally-led approach to an economically sustainable
independent exhibition sector.
• Provide access to industry leading exhibitor training
14. Produced- Universal Studios and The Kennedy Marshall Company
Distributed- Universal Studios
Exhibited- Benefit premiere, UK premiere, Australian premiere, video
Produced-A Band Apart Production
Exhibited- gala at the Empire Leicester Square.
Produced-new market films
Exhibited-film festival circuit, Venice film festival
Exhibited-premiered, odeon Leicester square
15. Produced- Ciné+, Canal+, working tite films, Kinowelt Filmproduktion, Paradis Films, Karla
Distributed- studio canal uk
Exhibited- premiered in competition at the Venice international film festival
Produced- live entertainment
Exhibited- single two-sided disc
Distributed- miramax films, alliance films, metro goldwyn
16. My film will be an independent film, it will be online for people
to view and produced by Big Talk Production this is because
they have produced some big television shows and has
produced some big films. They are a independent film